Banditrider's Pootles

banditrider

Long Timer
Looks absolutely delicious!!

Here's a Gmap for it. Most of it should be accurate.

Close - we took Levitt Line (gravel) to Kiwitea. I tried to do a map but it refused to let me join up some of the roads...also, I've had trouble sticking them on here for some reason :bang:

I usually have GPS files for all the rides. For some reason I missed a little of "Part 1" section but got everything else.

Quite a few routes here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19984557/Maps/Adv%20Rides.gdb

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Give me some warning and we might be able to organise some blokes to join ya.

Actually...on THAT particular ride I'd doubt anybody would like to join. W-)

Bernard (platypus) in Hamilton has recklessly :mad: offered 2 of his Posties for a NI ride which is tagged for early Nov. 2014, roaming mainly the north of the NI, loading the little CT's to the gunwales with tent and camping gear.

Most likely 2 weeks of pootling along in the...very....slow lane.
The pace (ok...CRAWL) would send anyone on a "normal" bike absolutely bonkers, methinks.
And yes, the 60mile beach is on the cards, Cape Reinga, the long exit from the beach through freshwater creek and loads of those kind of places...I'll start doing the usual homework on that once we're back from T3.:thumbs::thumbs:

banditrider

Long Timer
The Connie's turn today: http://banditrider.blogspot.co.nz/2013/09/spring-has-sprung.html

DSCN1472.JPG

DSCN1477.JPG

DSCN1488.JPG

DSCN1490.JPG

DSCN1495.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Yer bastid!!

DSCN1468.JPG

:glu:glu:clap::clap:

What happened to your pics? W-)
They're morphing from good to exceptional!
This it good, real good!!

banditrider

Long Timer
Good stuff, mate...it shows!

When out on the Vee I normally just take my little water-proof/shock proof Fujifilm thingee. My Nikon (not a flash one but it has a huge zoom and takes nice pics) only comes out on special occasions...would love to have more opportunities to use it but don't want to wreck it bouncing around in a top box.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
When out on the Vee I normally just take my little water-proof/shock proof Fujifilm thingee. My Nikon (not a flash one but it has a huge zoom and takes nice pics) only comes out on special occasions...would love to have more opportunities to use it but don't want to wreck it bouncing around in a top box.

Fair enough...that's always the problem. Even worse on the long/ big rides where things can get rough on that sorta stuff and/ or space is at a premium.
Got that dilemma right now with what to take to the Alps and what to leave behind. But then, that's exactly the type of trip and occasion you bought the bloody thing for W-) :)

Top Bottom