Dalby Qld.

nev

Super Térrarist
The Super Tenere is booked in for it's 70000km service in a few days time but it only has 66000km on the clock, so an interstate ride is in order.

Alarm was set for Friday morning, 2:30am. I completely forgot to stop and take any photos at all for the whole day, so the report will be purely statistical. 3am I was refuelling at the local BP servo and hitting the road heading north. 05:40am I refuelled in Barnawartha Vic, 08:25 another tankful in Yass NSW. A quick stop in Boorowa to slip out of the thermals as the day was heating up then a few minutes past midday another tankful of fuel in Dubbo NSW, a cold drink and a top up of fuel in Gilgandra NSW, another tankful in Moree NSW just before 4pm and just after 7pm another tankful in Dalby QLD, and then across the street to check into a motel. I stuffed the room key in my pocket and without opening the door jumped back on the bike headed east, through Toowoomba to the western suburbs of Brisbane, another tankful of fuel at 21:30 and then headed back to Dalby, arriving at McDonalds about 20 minutes before midnight. By about 12:30 there were more than a dozen motorcycles parked in the car park. I guess a lot of other people must have booked their bikes in for a service this week and needed to get out for a ride. :whistle:

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
The Super Tenere is booked in for it's 70000km service in a few days time but it only has 66000km on the clock, so an interstate ride is in order.

Alarm was set for Friday morning, 2:30am. I completely forgot to stop and take any photos at all for the whole day, so the report will be purely statistical. 3am I was refuelling at the local BP servo and hitting the road heading north. 05:40am I refuelled in Barnawartha Vic, 08:25 another tankful in Yass NSW. A quick stop in Boorowa to slip out of the thermals as the day was heating up then a few minutes past midday another tankful of fuel in Dubbo NSW, a cold drink and a top up of fuel in Gilgandra NSW, another tankful in Moree NSW just before 4pm and just after 7pm another tankful in Dalby QLD, and then across the street to check into a motel. I stuffed the room key in my pocket and without opening the door jumped back on the bike headed east, through Toowoomba to the western suburbs of Brisbane, another tankful of fuel at 21:30 and then headed back to Dalby, arriving at McDonalds about 20 minutes before midnight. By about 12:30 there were more than a dozen motorcycles parked in the car park. I guess a lot of other people must have booked their bikes in for a service this week and needed to get out for a ride. :whistle:

Or the word got around that a Victorian was in their restaurant so they thought they'd better get in before it burns down :whistle:

Williamson

Part of the furniture
.... 3am I was refuelling ..... 05:40am I refuelled ...... 08:25 another tankful in ...... a few minutes past midday another tankful of fuel ..... another tankful just before 4pm and just after 7pm another tankful .... another tankful of fuel at 21:30 .....

Crikey Nev, that's a lot of fuelling up ~ every 3 to 4 hours, what around 400km? Small tank, high fuel consumption? What's the go?

nev

Super Térrarist
The one thing I did stop for during the day was a spectacular sight about 30km east of Dalby after 11pm at night. A locomotive with a special carriage or two was on the train line which ran adjacent to the road, and was grinding the tracks. The showers of sparks in the night was spectacular.

Saturday I didn't ride and spent the day in town associating with about 45 other motorbike riders who all must have had services booked on their bikes because noone was out riding.

Sunday I woke up after sunrise and set off. Dalby main street is undergoing a major facelift, accompanied by major roadworks.

IMG_0536.JPG

Headed south through the cotton fields towards Cecil Plains

IMG_0538.JPG

Around one corner I came across a Wedgetail Eagle. He was riding the air currents only 5-15 metres above the ground, floating in the air scanning the bare fields below for any prey. He wasn't too annoyed by my presence and hovered above me for quite some time.

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

Into Millmerran, a town filled with murals depicting various facets of the towns farming history

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

From there I headed towards Goondiwindi, with a backroad detour from the Gore Hwy to the Cunningham Hwy.

IMG_0564.JPG

Lots of huge cactus type plant/trees in this area.

IMG_0565.JPG

An easter theme to the Goondiwindi artwork on the north side of town.

IMG_0567.JPG

nev

Super Térrarist
From Boggabilla I headed down the Bruxnor Hwy then through North Star and Croppa Creek to Pallamallawa on the Gwydir hwy

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0570.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0574.JPG

This was parked outside a pecan nut farm. I think it's used to shake the trees to get the nuts out of them.

IMG_0575.JPG

At Gravesend I headed south, but with a dirt shortcut to bypass Bingara and hit the Bingara-Narrabri road.

IMG_0576.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

PANO_20180408_113355.jpg

Narrabri claims to be the Sportiest town in Australia

IMG_0578.JPG

Backroads from there to Wee Waa where I had to fuel up on 91 as there was no premium in town.

Most of the road from Wee Waa - Pilliga - Coonamble was like this.

IMG_0584.JPG

Murals have given new life to what was a dirty old water tower in Coonamble.

IMG_0586.JPG

and this one in Gulargambone is half completed.

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Around one corner I came across a Wedgetail Eagle. He was riding the air currents only 5-15 metres above the ground, floating in the air scanning the bare fields below for any prey. He wasn't too annoyed by my presence and hovered above me for quite some time.

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

Cool pics, but are you sure that's a Wedgetail?

Could be a Black Kite

Black-Kite-di580-580x400.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
An easter theme to the Goondiwindi artwork on the north side of town.

IMG_0567.JPG

Looks I went too far south in search of my MONA...that's stuff I can handle!
:clap:

Boggabilla... Croppa Creek....Pallamallawa ...
That's sooo Queensland! :bs

This was parked outside a pecan nut farm. I think it's used to shake the trees to get the nuts out of them.

That thing should be recommissioned then...and re-assigned to Canberra to shake the living shit out of those pollies :thumbs:

Good stuff....Farrider meet?

Top Bottom