My quick pick Tuesday

Squizzy

Long Timer
Could not make it on Pete's ride yesterday due to TV commitments ( I had to buy a new one!), did not get out on xmas day, so today was the day before it was too hot again.
Up through Toolangi past the fire tower and the roads were deserted as you said about yesterday Pete.

P1020604-M.jpg

Weather was perfect, just a little chill in the morning.

P1020610-M.jpg

Compulsory close up of something pretty (Derek was not around)

P1020609-M.jpg

Bit of evidence of logging here and there.

P1020612-M.jpg

Went along Black Range Rd for a change.

P1020619-M.jpg

Still no traffic at all, perfect. Had about 10 wallabies jump around in front of me during the morning, all just said hello and hopped away, thankfully.

P1020620-M.jpg

P1020627-M.jpg

Continued along Black Range Rd past the power lines then down to Whanregarwen and then back along Crystal Brook Rd to Buxton for lunch at the river.

P1020650-M.jpg

Back to the highway and then turned off at Project Rd. These signs have been around for a while and I reckon if you stay out of the actual plantation area you are ok. At least that what I will tell the magistrate.

P1020640-M.jpg

P1020656-M.jpg

Back through the forest and came out at the back of Toolangi.

P1020663-M.jpg

P1020661-M.jpg

DRz went great, did around 250k took 9.5 litres and I still had knobs left on the rear tyre. The 800 was a bit heavy on the knobbies, but at least I could touch the ground with both feet on the BM. All in all the DRz is great fun for what I bought it for, day rides on mainly dirt roads.

Hope everyone has a safe new year and see you on the next one.:D

nev

Super Térrarist
When I rode past that sign on Project Rd, around the next bend were a couple of forestry 4wds and about 6 blokes in hi viz standing around. They all looked at me. I did a U-turn and didn't ask for more details about the signs :)

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Compulsory close up of something pretty (Derek was not around)

If you'd seen him at Dannys Pinch on Mon, hmmmmm...:killingme:killingme

.....Whanregarwen and then back along Crystal Brook Rd to Buxton for lunch at the river.

P1020650-M.jpg

THAT'S the one I forgot about...always wanted to run the whole length of it from the Whanregarwen to the southern end...or looping north-east back onto the Hwy via Connellys Creek.
How far south is is sealed for? Only ever ridden it from the north to either Link Rd. or Crystal Break for a cut-across to the Black Range.

Oops...you meant Crystal Brook or Crystal Creek Rd.?

All in all the DRz is great fun for what I bought it for, day rides on mainly dirt roads.

Great to see the Drizzer out there :clap:

Squizzy

Long Timer
You are right Pete, Crystal Creek Rd. It is sealed for a few k's then turn to dirt through the forest to Connelly Creek Rd then Glendale rd to the Maroondah Hwy.

Last edited:

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
Scrubby Creek Road, which is further up Wranregawen, runs parallel to Crystal Creek road and links up with Black Range road and you can head south all the way to Narbethong or switch round to Toolangi.

Runs kinda narrow and a little rocky down a beautiful little valley at the Wranregawen end.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Scrubby Creek Road, which is further up Wranregawen, runs parallel to Crystal Creek road and links up with Black Range road and you can head south all the way to Narbethong or switch round to Toolangi.

Runs kinda narrow and a little rocky down a beautiful little valley at the Wranregawen end.

Done that northern part of the Scrubby Ck a few times, via the Link Track or Crystal Brook. Still have to tack south on the Black Range continuation...
I think the Link Track has some "Dishrack"- paint on it :bs:bs

Top Bottom