Years End_Quick-Pick Monday

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Sharing some garage space with a certain Husky , the Klacka was trying on some Italian PrimaDonna fits and refused to fire up...requiring the sight of a 650 cranking-amps car battery to change it's mind before the starter relay melted into the frame-rails...
Keeping some bad company, tsk, tsk
15mins late, but we have a goer.

Making up time to the meet at Healesville...I just love that Yarra Valley!!

QPickMonday_02.JPG

As a designated "bimble", there was no rush, no plan, no targets....just go with the wind, or sun...or last night's curry....or whatever.

Crossing the Goulburn River on the backroads...

QPickMonday_03.JPG

I also love old timber bridges...

QPickMonday_04.JPG

Not long after it's into the hills via some tracks that are slowly disappearing.... a bit more each year. It's like meeting a close, old friend...on borrowed time.

QPickMonday_05.JPG

QPickMonday_06.JPG

QPickMonday_08.JPG

QPickMonday_09.JPG

QPickMonday_12.JPG

Nobody's been up here for a while, the track is slowly growing over...
I'll have to come back with a swag and a bottle of red one day... stay a night, watch the stars :bow:

QPickMonday_13.JPG

QPickMonday_14.JPG

QPickMonday_17.JPG

The top-end is just as sweet....

QPickMonday_18.JPG

QPickMonday_19.JPG

dougman1

Part of the furniture
Great set of pics. :glu
Hard to see where all of the rain on Boxing day went! Very dry and dusty.
Nice day out! :chug:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Danny's Pinch Lookout...and the Vic Alps right over there.

QPickMonday_M_01.JPG

QPickMonday_M_03.JPG

"I tellsya....when I packed that chocolate cake is was frozen!!"
The White-Beard-Spoiler... sucking the sweet-slop outta the Glad-Wrap takes some tongue-acrobatics :thumbs: :killingme :killingme

QPickMonday_20.JPG

QPickMonday_21.JPG

What else would you expect in Bonnie Doon, aye?

QPickMonday_22.JPG

QPickMonday_23.JPG

Some spectacular, and totally deserted, twisties into the Strathbogies get us to ....

QPickMonday_24.JPG

....for some more jaw-dropping gravel towards Yea, the typical granite-boulders framing the road, deep gullys, stumping views....backroad-heaven!!

QPickMonday_25.JPG

QPickMonday_28.JPG

QPickMonday_30.JPG

QPickMonday_32.JPG

Doug, Derek....thanks for the company and the laughs, we really enjoyed the day.... big time.
Not coming home 2-up on the Kwaka was a bonus (already had the trailer ready for a pickup-run of a Husky stranded in whoopwhoop).

Good to see the BM made it home without the fuel-pump packing up after all that noise...

:chug::chug: :gday:

John_Johnny

Long Timer
Great photos. Most enjoyable. The landscape is tinder dry. That burger looks good. Is that from the main servo in Bonnie Doon? I have lots of childhood memories of that place. Every Christmas was spent in Nan and Grumpa's caravan at the Bonnie Doon Caravan Park. We'd scrounge a few bob off uncles and aunties and walk up to that roadhouse for a Sunny Boy. They still sell them you know. We bought all the kids one at the Lake Hume caravan park on Monday. They cost $2.50 each! Bit different to my memories of 2 bob.... might have even been sixpence at one time? They don't have '1 free Sunnyboy' inside the packet anymore. :(

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Jeez....had to google for the "sunnyboys".
When I saw the shape it all fell into place.
And thanks for looking in :)
sunny-boy-cola.jpg

John_Johnny

Long Timer
Thrippence Willo. I got one. And a sixpence. And a bob. We used to get thrippence for the empty coke bottles, then it went up to sixpence. One day I collected 2 quids worth!

I just googled Serenity burger and it is indeed the Bonnie Doon Central Roadhouse. They even have a Facebook page with a photo of the burger. Pete's burger looks smaller.

Should take some Sunny Boys to Eskdale. Wonder if the caravan park would let us chuck some in the freezer?

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Thrippence Willo. I got one. And a sixpence. And a bob. We used to get thrippence for the empty coke bottles, then it went up to sixpence. One day I collected 2 quids worth!

I just googled Serenity burger and it is indeed the Bonnie Doon Central Roadhouse. They even have a Facebook page with a photo of the burger. Pete's burger looks smaller.

Should take some Sunny Boys to Eskdale. Wonder if the caravan park would let us chuck some in the freezer?

Not sure if the CP actually has a communal freezer...Eskdale is Old School!....might have to get a bag of ice from the local produce store out the front.:wink:

And yeah, the Serenity Burger was ok...even good...but not overwhelming.
Yes to the Bonnie Doon Store, too.

eebc733bbfbf8f29d8c0bd-m.jpg

John_Johnny

Long Timer
Some great pics there Glitch :clap: .

I first remember a sunnyboy being 5c.

Do you remember getting a free one? It was sooooo exciting to see '1 free sunnboy' written inside. At some time they changed the writing from easily seen black to a light yellow colour. I used the pull the whole ice block out trying to find the freebie and it was a fine art getting a tetrahedron lump of sticky orange ice back into a packet that was now flat. :lao

Top Bottom