Welcome to Boring, Oregon.

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Fantastic report, Nev! You guys must have had a great trip.

I spent about 13hrs on a Greyhound bus from Vancouver to Prince George in 2002 to go see my sister. She had been on exchange for six months. I think we went through Kamloops, then back across to the 97 and through Williams lake. The snow and slush made the windows opaque fairly quickly.

In 2009 I went with my girlfriend and my Dad in Dad's RV up to Whistler then back around the ferry loop through the Sunshine Coast Highway. I loved the view of Black Tusk on the way up the Whistler. I think there is a pic of it in my not riding report.

The Spruce Goose must have been a great highlight, must put it on the to see list!

twowheeler

two wheels are best
That Spruce Goose is something. In its day, it would have been truly massive. You wonder if it only flew to a height of a few metres because that was all it could manage.

nev

Super Térrarist
...and now to put how relaxing our trip really was into perspective. Over 29 days we rode an average of 349km per day. On the day we dropped the bikes off in Portland, a hundred miles or so away in Astoria, (where we'd stayed 3 nights previous) a bicycle race started. The face finished today, with the winner (A local, from Melbourne coincidentally) riding 6812km across the USA to win in a time of just under 19 days. That is 358km per day, pedal power. http://www.transambikerace.com/

twowheeler

two wheels are best
Them’s serious daily distances.

That ride’s route was first laid out in 1976 and was ridden that year by a well known Herald Sun journalist Keith Dunstan. He wrote lots of articles and a book on his experiences. He wasn’t a cyclist at all before the ride – he changed his spots afterward though !

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
:glu:clap: Cheers Nev! thanks for compiling and posting the vids :D
(couldnt open day 3...)
What is the structure at the base of the cliff at the waters edge in the first vid at Twin falls? is there a dam upstream?
(who is the artist/track name for the audio? - I love the old school metal/hardcore style :D)

nev

Super Térrarist
The day 3 video is fixed. Wrong privacy setting was selected.
The music is i don't know.. some foreign punk I stole. I think youtube has muted one of the songs on my first video.

John_Johnny

Long Timer
The day 3 video is fixed. Wrong privacy setting was selected.
The music is i don't know.. some foreign punk I stole. I think youtube has muted one of the songs on my first video.

There's a way around that music block Nev. I recorded this 360 shot of The Horn at Mt Buffalo and youtube muted it due to copyright infringement. The music was by Imagine Dragons. I just filled out a form saying it was 'fair use' and 'not for profit' etc.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yRMjKiPtIc8

Top Bottom