Offroad school

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I suspect the more likely outcome in my case though would be with me ending up dying a gruesome death.

Bloody oath!!
Somehow I always finish up on the other side of the bike, as in: between the bike and the ground....but that's exactly what those courses are aimed at, aye? :bs :bs

farawayman

Long Timer
Ok. Ok.

The end closest to Melbourne had a construction camp back in the late 60s as the base for the tunnel from Thompson River across to the Upper Yarra Reservoir. The jump off to the tunnel site was towards the Matlock end.

Full marks Tim, the first time I went to the Upper Thompson Camp it was a gravel road all the way to Woods Point. First a 1 mile stretch of road was sealed in front of the camp to keep the dust down, which didn't help much. The sealing was added too several times between the camp and the central portal of the tunnel where most of the traffic was going to, which leaves us a wonderful bike road to enjoy.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Thanks for sharing Ant.

Looks to me like that would be a bit hard on the old back. I've used a similar technique with back to bike to awaken the CB1300 (~260kg) from a nap. Didn't help me with the ST1300 (~330kg), but then I had a sore back at the time.

Plenty of vids on YouTube demonstrating varios techniques.

..... near A1 Settlement

My first visit to the A1 Mine Settlement was in the early 80's to get some information (mainly pictures) to present to the RTA Speed Limits Sub-Committee (SLSC).

I just did a Google Streetview "drive-though", and I'm proud to see the 40km/h speed limit that I recommended, and approved by the SLSC, is still there - one of the first of its kind in VIC.

It may have changed a bit in 35 years (shorter or longer) and it looks like that the development has changed a bit. Not really sure from the pics, but it looks like there's only a handful of dwellings and residents now, whereas in the early there must have been at least 10 people living there.

TimC

Tour Pro
I just did a Google Streetview "drive-though", and I'm proud to see the 40km/h speed limit that I recommended, and approved by the SLSC, is still there - one of the first of its kind in VIC.

Hey Williamson, you didn't put in enough roundabouts.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Hey Williamson, you didn't put in enough roundabouts.

RBT's were considered, but to achieve ABS funds you need a high BCR, and even though RBT's have a high CRF a submission to the FED's for ABS funds would've been an SFE ............................

:sick:

Top Bottom