[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

Squizzy

Long Timer
Found this photo in an old album at Lynne's parent's house. Mighty Yamaha XS750D, 3 cylinder, shaft drive, $1699 ride away brand new. AGATT comprised of Belstaff (with rally badges attached) , Medal boots, jeans, and yellow plastic pants strapped onto the panniers to be used when required. And scarf of course. Remembered riding home from Mt. Gambier with speedo disconnected so it did not go over the 10,000k warranty period. That was lucky. It needed a primary chain and a few other things done under warranty when I got home. Still going to rallies now (without Lynne), not sure if I have refined over the years or not. I do know my jacket now cost nearly as much as the Yammie. All good. Cheers.

yammie.PNG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Found this photo in an old album at Lynne's parent's house. Mighty Yamaha XS750D, 3 cylinder, shaft drive, $1699 ride away brand new. AGATT comprised of Belstaff (with rally badges attached) , Medal boots, jeans, and yellow plastic pants strapped onto the panniers to be used when required. And scarf of course. Remembered riding home from Mt. Gambier with speedo disconnected so it did not go over the 10,000k warranty period. That was lucky. It needed a primary chain and a few other things done under warranty when I got home. Still going to rallies now (without Lynne), not sure if I have refined over the years or not. I do know my jacket now cost nearly as much as the Yammie. All good. Cheers.

Beauty!
Always had a hankering for those triples.
That, and the XS650 Special.

Might be wrong, but didn't they have some weird brake pads? And OEM stuff cost the earth....even then.
The yellow plastic pants...essentials, like duct tape and cable ties :)

Maroondah Reservoir is spilling for anybody in the area. I've never seen the Watts River like this before.

52464628444_fd8d938672_b.jpg

52463845277_2c6429345f_b.jpg

The aqueduct to Donnelys Weir is full and moving faster than I have seen it move before.

52464628384_4952f9aa62_b.jpg
[/url]

and the Weir is full. The footbridge has been washed away so you need to get into the picnic area via the service road.

52463845302_971e6b2eba_b.jpg

and just to be arty

img

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Lots of wet, sandy stuff riding up Te Paki Stream to exit 90Mile Beach, Northland, New Zealand
Tiddlers_NZ14_193.JPG

Last edited:

Squizzy

Long Timer
First ride for Lynne in several months due to shoulder and hip issues. Lunch at Longwarry yesterday was very nice. 200 odd ks, all good. Just booked a couple of weeks in Tassie for Feb next year on the outfit. Looking forward to it. :)

5Nov2022.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
First ride for Lynne in several months due to shoulder and hip issues. Lunch at Longwarry yesterday was very nice. 200 odd ks, all good. Just booked a couple of weeks in Tassie for Feb next year on the outfit. Looking forward to it. :)

YEAH!!!

Great shots.
Going to have a peek today ourselves.

Went to the Thompson Dam today. Full of people with cameras and the spill from above (the only view without being naughty) was ordinary. Nowhere near as impressive as Maroondah from below.
South Face Road is in good nick, hardly any bumps or holes, better than many sealed roads at the moment.

Top Bottom