A morning in "Little Madras", Melbourne...hehh??

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
It's getting hot in the sun, let's walk inside and have a look at what else is around.

Don't care how few hp it makes...or even runs at all!
This looks :glu:glu

EnfieldMel30.JPG

EnfieldMel24.JPG

EnfieldMel2.JPG

EnfieldMel3.JPG

EnfieldMel4.JPG

EnfieldMel6.JPG

All I can say is I'm glad I did not buy the lawnmower fuel at the Shell Servo in Punt Road. It was 1 cent per litre cheaper back in FTG so the trip to check out the price was worth it I saved about 8 cents!

I was a little concerned when we were told that the warranty was 2 years / 10,000km. Even PS give 2 years / unlimited in Triumphs. I think 10k is way too low for a motorcycle these days.

BTW: QBE are quoting $200/per year as comprehensive insurance on a Himalayan. Don't ask how I know. :)

Last edited:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
EnfieldMel5.JPG

EnfieldMel7.JPG

Looks painful

EnfieldMel12.JPG

Eat your heart out, Andystrapz

EnfieldMel8.JPG

EnfieldMel20.JPG

EnfieldMel15.JPG

EnfieldMel21.JPG

EnfieldMel16.JPG

EnfieldMe18.JPG

EnfieldMel19.JPG

And in a separate corner....:drool:

EnfieldMel10.JPG

EnfieldMel9.JPG

EnfieldMel11.JPG

EnfieldMel13.JPG

EnfieldMel14.JPG

Look forward to hearing if your enthusiasm holds after you have (hopefully) managed to control the entire stable of 24 1/5 horses:woot: It looks very cool, I freely admit and as you say - it is most probably an incredibly easy bike to live with:so

Interestingly enough the power output is almost identical to the Yamaha WR250R which many regard as a great basis for an off road ADV bike. The Yamaha does weight 134kg full compared the the Himalayan 182 kg so I'm picking that the power delivery on the RE will be best described as "conservative" rather than arm socket destroying but having spent some time riding the Spurs and other such places on my daughters 14hp TU250 Suzuki last year I have definitely come to the conclusion as SF would that power is not all its cracked it to be. If you adjust your expectations less more quite often equals more fun.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
having spent some time riding the Spurs and other such places on my daughters 14hp TU250 Suzuki last year I have definitely come to the conclusion as SF would that power is not all its cracked it to be. If you adjust your expectations less more quite often equals more fun.

True. True. But after adding a 200hp monster to the museum, I gotta say excessive power sure is a blast.....:thumbs:

True. True. But after adding a 200hp monster to the museum, I gotta say excessive power sure is a blast.....:thumbs:

But do you want to ride that 200hp monster in the rain along a slippery track on the side of a hill with a big drop down a cliff beside you?

Horses for courses I guess. :D

Top Bottom