Keppels Hut Ride April 7

Squizzy

Long Timer
Could not make Ant's ride on Saturday, but the weather was too nice to stay home on Sunday as well. Out of the house by 8.30 and up the Warby Hwy to Don Rd. Was surrounded by about 30 sportsbike riders for a while who did not follow me up the back way to Donna Buang (funnily enough!)
Stopped at the hang glider get off point, and people call us crazy!
P1010005_01-M.jpg

P1010007_01-M.jpg

P1010009_01-M.jpg

Went up to the summit, then back along the Acheron Way and Granton's rd to Wood's lookout for morning tea.
P1010011_01-M.jpg

P1010015_01-M.jpg

Onto Marysville and then Lady Talbot drive and tried to use the toilet on the side of the road, but the door was locked!

P1010024_01-M.jpg

Found the track to the hut, was a bit rocky in spots, but I survived.
Stopped for lunch and had a look around.
P1010027_01-M.jpg

Squizzy

Long Timer
Hut looked nice and cosy.
P1010031_01-M.jpg

P1010032_01-M.jpg

Back down Mt Margaret rd to some black stuff

P1010038-M.jpg

At Narby turned right back into the pine plantation. When I stopped here last time, there was a nice wooden bridge and little picnic spot. Amazing whay a bit of logging can do.
P1010039-M.jpg

Worked my way through the forest back to Monda rd opposite the potato plantation.
P1010047-M.jpg

Back down Chum Creek rd and onto Yarra Glen. About 240 k and home about 2.30. Excellent day. :clap:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
That looks good! Never been up that Lookout or Keppels Hut...ok for bigger/ heavier bikes?
Any chance for a repeat sometime, taking a few others along?

That tank looks sweet...is that an OEM accessory or aftermarket? It certainly looks like it was made for that particular bike.
Separate fuelpump pumping the juice into the main tank vi a Y-piece or one way valve into the filler-neck venting tube?

-Macca-

Getting the hang of it
Buggrit..

I went to stay at Keppel's a couple of weeks ago. The road was closed at the falls. Past that point there were so many trees down I couldn't get in there anyway.. Heaps of crap down over the roads too.

Failing that, I had a back up plan of a campsite along Cambarville Rd, but it was closed for a rally. :mad:

Now I know it's open I'll have to go back up and try again. :p

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
I started going up there a few weeks after I got the Tiger, August I think, and encountered a quite muddy and chopped up track with snow melt around the edges. Was a bit scary to a complete noob on a big heavy bike! Decided to turn back to less snowy climes.

Top Bottom