6 days in Southtyrol

motorradrudi

Tour Pro
Saturday, 30th May 2009

The tour through the Ultental was our plan!

Montan-Ultental.JPG

All except Jacky went on this tour and with Eddy (“Ranger) and Friedrich (“1965fede”) from Wolkenstein, we were 13 motorcycles!
Approaching Bozen Friedrich took over the lead and piloted us through the city centre of Bozen. Then we climbed up to Jenesien. On the first part we had wonderful views of Bozen. Via Mölten and Vöran we came to Meran and from there directly to the valley of Ulten (Ultental).

02Ultental.JPG

03Ultental.JPG

At its end at lake Weissbrunn we stopped for lunch at the inn „Knödlmoidl“.

004WeissbrunnseePanorama.jpg

010UltentalWeissbrunnsee.JPG

013EndeUltental.JPG

017UltentalKnoedelmoidl.JPG

020UltentalKnoedelmoidl.JPG

025UltentalKnoedelmoidl.JPG

motorradrudi

Tour Pro
During our descend to reservoir Zoggler we had a „photo shooting“, everybody had the chance to make some photos.

026imUltental.JPG

030imUltental.JPG

034KurtHeikeRonny.JPG

037HeikeRonnyKai-UweAlea.JPG

048Eddy.JPG

Petra and me

04Ultental.JPG

reservoir Zoggler

056ZogglerStausee.JPG

057ZogglerStausee.JPG

motorradrudi

Tour Pro
Then we turned south to Laurein. There we went over Brezer Joch (1410m) to Fondo. The next target was the pass Mendel and Monte Penegal.
Anybody who has been here before likes to come back, because the views to Bozen in Etsch valley and to lake Kaltern are stunning.
061PanoramaPenegal.jpg

080MontePenegal.JPG

081MontePenegal.JPG

088KaltererSee.JPG

090amMontePenegal.JPG

092IngridRudiHeikeEddy.JPG

Mendel Pass

05Mendelpass.JPG

Then we liked to go to Kaltern to have some ice cream. A tourist couple recommended an ice cream parlour named “Trude” and gave a description of the way to go.

But descending from Mendel Pass I’m used to turn right towards Kaltern, so we arrived from the otherside of town. So I passed our target and Jürgen had to call my attention to that. So the whole group had to uturn and to find an appropriate place to park.
Two of our companians (Alfred and Ingo) were missing. Ingo had stopped to take some photographs and met Alfred at the exit towards Kaltern. Together they went on, directly back to Montan.
The others enjoyed the ice cream, then Eddy and Friedrich said Good Bye (they went back to Groedner Valley) and we also returned to Montan.
After the tour we met at the pizza restaurant „Schloss Enn“ to have our supper.
Again a beautiful day with wonderful weather.

Best greatings from Germany
Rudi

To be continued after translation!

nev

Super Térrarist
As usual Rudi, you have managed to tease us with the most spectacular photos, the likes of which we cannot hope to produce in Australia.

motorradrudi

Tour Pro
And here is the next part of the journey:

Sunday, 31th May 2009

During the night the weather went worse and the sky was full of clouds. The tour to the „Würzjoch“ was planned for today.

Montan-Wuerzjoch.jpg

But before our tour we had to make our group photo session first.

001vorneKurtRonnyKai-UweAleaIngohintenRudiIngridPetraAlfredJuergenThmoasGabiRonnyCathyJackyChrisHeike.JPG

Some of the participants had other interest today and so we went with 8 motorcycles in direction of Bozen. After passing Leifers we turn right to La Costa. A narrow but nice road, that climbed steeply uphill and offered wonderful views down. Then to the left towards Kohlern and on we went towards Bozen then Ritten till we reached Klobenstein. A wide road with stunning curves uphill – a dream for every biker. We left Klobenstein and went on to Lengstein, where the road got narrow, but with good views over Eissack valley. Via Barbian (turned left) we reached Villanders and downhill to Klausen. Here we turned right and instantanously left through the city centre of Klausen. Another turn left (below the road to Brenner Pass) in direction of Latzfons. This road lead us - also very narrow – through a narrow ravine steeply uphill.

06beiLatzfons.JPG

07beiLatzfons.JPG

08beiLatzfons.JPG

09beiLatzfons.JPG

Arriving in Latzfons suddenly our “loneliness“ vanished! Every where were people and cars. Maybe they just returned from church.

motorradrudi

Tour Pro
Leaving Latzfons we had a short stop, then we went via Feldthurns down the valleys to Villnös valley, we followed this valley untill St. Peter.

003PanoramabeiLatzfons.jpg

009beiLatzfons.JPG

010beiLatzfons.JPG

011Latzfons.JPG

015beiLatzfons.JPG

016beiLatzfons.JPG

motorradrudi

Tour Pro
Here begins the small road up to Würzjoch.
In the meantime the clouds opened up and so we expected to be able to enjoy the rest of the tour with a bright sky. At the Edelweiß House we stopped for a break.

10Edelweisshuette.JPG

018amWuerzjoch.JPG

021inderEdelweisshuette.JPG

During lunch I saw that it was raining, more or less substantial and it did not stop!
After 1 ½ hours we decided to go on.

Stop! Kurt, Alfred, Ingrid, Thomas and Jacky turned back via Villnöss valley directly to Montan! Because of the weather they thought it was not safe to carry on over Würzjoch, Gardena Pass and Sella Pass.
The rest of us (besides Petra and me there were Jürgen and Kai-Uwe with Alea) continued on the planned tour. On the other side of Würzjoch in Antermoia the road there were dry patches on the road and the rain stopped.
But, it should not last long!
Through Gader valley up to Corvara the rain started again and it even started snowing on the slopes up Gardena Pass! I can’t remember my visor becoming white of snow!
In snow flurry we went over the pass and carried on to Sella Pass. Here we also had snow and the landscape was wearing white.

025Sellajoch.JPG

026Sellajoch.JPG

028Sellajoch.JPG

We were lucky, the road were free and we arrived without problems in Canazei.
Before turning to Karer Pass we had a cappuccino break.
Then we went over Karer Pass, via Lake Karer to Birchabruck, turned left via Deutschnofen we managed finally to arrice dry in Montan.
The other five arrived shortly after us, they also had a break.

Best greatings from Germany
Rudi

The next part will follow soon - just wait a little while

motorradrudi

Tour Pro
And further it goes!

Monday, 1st June 2009

Except Petra and me, Kurt, Kai-Uwe and Alea, all went home today.
The sun was shining and it promised to be a nice day.
After breakfast we said Good Bye and one after the other they left.

002baldgehtslos.JPG

019Aufbruchsstimmung.JPG

020Thomasgeschafft.JPG

022Juergen.JPG

030Alfred.JPG

035Thomas.JPG

038Heike.JPG

039Heike.JPG

motorradrudi

Tour Pro
Petra and I, we planned to visit the gardens of Schloss Trauttmansdorff in Meran.
Via Kaltern and Terlan we went to Mölten and Vöran.

005EtschtalPanorama.jpg

013RichtungMoelten.JPG

014RichtungMoelten.JPG

015RichtungMoeltenPano.jpg

Via Haflings we drove towards Meran.

023Meran.JPG

Top Bottom