Wee Jasper on a whim..

-Macca-

Getting the hang of it
Woke up in the morning to yesterday's views looking like this:

I wasn't going to get out of my swag. I don't do mornings at the best of times, let alone when it's that cold. Bloody Roger & Al though - up before the sparrow even thought about farting and made lots of noise. Apparently this is me in the mornings:

We whipped along beside Lake Hume for a while, and stopped for a photostop at the bridge:

Sorta ran out of pictures at this point because the camera batteries went flat (better than going flat before I started like last time!).

We continued down through Beechworth, Whitfield, Mansfield, Skyline Rd into Alexandra, and then home via the back roads. Total of ~1600km over 4 days.

Now to unpack, clean, and repack everything in preparation for a ride to Cobar in 10 days time.. :D

nev

Super Térrarist
Nice ride report and pics. I road through Wee Jasper myself heading south on Sunday afternoon. It was in worse condition that it was last time I rode it in Feb. On the Vstrom I always look forward to the shire boundary, where the graded road starts. I'm sure it'd be more enjoyable on the KLR.

BTW, when you come out of Tumut, instead of turning right onto Bombowlee Road (signposted to Canberra/Brindabella), if you go straight ahead you the road turns to gravel, and you end up entering this intersection from the road on the left, about 50 metres past the Wee Jasper road on the right.

IMG_0039_zpsef9eeb6f.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
A few times I backed it into corners like the best of the GP riders, albeit by accident instead of good planning.. :oops:

Crap... all well practiced I'm sure.:clap:
There's just nothing better than Big Thumpers and compression lockups to set up for a corner. :thumbs:

What a yarn, mate...this is great!! Love the pics, love the feel of the story, a truly enjoyable read. Enough words to make it flow, have a giggle....and lots of pics to tell the rest, well done!!
Looks like we just about mingled routes for a bit, at least around the Murray.

Thanks for a good read and gawk :chug:

Top Bottom