Adventures on an XT250

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Size can be deceptive (pic from Google).

View attachment 651

The morning after our tunnel adventure we were talking to an ol' timer at the BP in South Grafton. He told us that he use to drive a loaded timber jniker through it in the old days - must've been smaller that today's jinkers.

Which brings me to Today's Trivia Question .....

What is the connection between some of the Space Shuttle components and Roman chariots?

Agree...that tunnel actually looks way smaller from the western end than from the "Google-end"...there's also no road-widening on the western end and the rockface of the entrance is overhanging to a point, so it
all "narrows down" from that angle. Yeah, the old jinkers were some old cab-over Bedfords, Acco's etc. shorties, , nothing like today's rigs.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Here's my latest Relive ride around the Mann River area at Jackadgery ,including Tommys Rock and Dalmorton Tunnel 🙂

I wish this "relive" thing would run at a quarter speed or less.....and stay with a proper north-south map orientation instead of bloody whirly-birding around like a drunken magpie, which makes it damn hard to actually track any route (which I presume is the whole idea of the thing?).
Given some basic names and stretches, that route would be traceable via Gmaps within a couple of minutes and transferred to GPX (if wanted) within 10 seconds online.
It sure is one of the great riding-areas of the EastCoast of Oz.

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
I wish this "relive" thing would run at a quarter speed or less.....and stay with a proper north-south map orientation instead of bloody whirly-birding around like a drunken magpie, which makes it damn hard to actually track any route (which I presume is the whole idea of the thing?).
Given some basic names and stretches, that route would be traceable via Gmaps within a couple of minutes and transferred to GPX (if wanted) within 10 seconds online.
It sure is one of the great riding-areas of the EastCoast of Oz.
Hi Pete, you can scroll down past the replay and see the individual images displaced in a better size, then scroll further and see "Activity on Map". The map overlay can be zoomed in and moved about to identify individual road names. I don't know if any of the mapping is exportable. I try to give locations and road names as pointers so others can google them and piece together a route of part of a route should an area be of interest , it's a bit clunky but not dissimilar to transferring directions written on the back of an envelope ,or verbal directions onto a map old school style :) with the benefit of gmaps locating a road via search in a few seconds.
One particularly dissapointing thing is the images are displayed in the replay at a very small size, this seems to have happened after I subscribed to give me 50 images per post as opposed to 10 in the free version.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Hi Pete, you can scroll down past the replay and see the individual images displaced in a better size, then scroll further and see "Activity on Map". The map overlay can be zoomed in and moved about to identify individual road names. I don't know if any of the mapping is exportable. I try to give locations and road names as pointers so others can google them and piece together a route of part of a route should an area be of interest , it's a bit clunky but not dissimilar to transferring directions written on the back of an envelope ,or verbal directions onto a map old school style :) with the benefit of gmaps locating a road via search in a few seconds.
One particularly dissapointing thing is the images are displayed in the replay at a very small size, this seems to have happened after I subscribed to give me 50 images per post as opposed to 10 in the free version.

Thanks for the reply...that makes a few things somewhat clearer (and quicker).
The map's the biggest help.
Back of an envelope...who the hell still does that? :biggrin:

Top Bottom