Tornanti_2...Three Weeks Of Carve Till Ya Barf!!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
It’s a place that just grabs you…it’s also intimidating and somewhat rough and hostile.

T2_0467.jpg

T2_0468.jpg

T2_0469.jpg

T2_0470.jpg

T2_0471.jpg

T2_0472.jpg

Just sit and gaze….
The crew has spread over a few k’s along the top, everyone going at their own pace, stopping at their own place….sitting there, soaking it up….taking a few snaps.

T2_0474.jpg

T2_0473.jpg

T2_0475.jpg

drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif

T2_0475a.jpg

T2_0476.jpg

A last look back before the track drops into the valley again, leaving the bare, high ridges.

T2_0476a.jpg

T2_0479.jpg

T2_0480.jpg

T2_0481.jpg

T2_0482.jpg

T2_0483.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
FASCINATING !! The colour is REAL!
eek.gif
eek.gif

T2_0484.jpg

The first little town is Tualis and we double-back via Ravascletto to Sutrio

T2_0485.jpg

Can’t remember the name of the place…but how’s THAT for holding a bell-tower straight-ish?
clap.gif

T2_0486.jpg

T2_0487.jpg

I skip on the more southern, old-road, approach to Monte Zoncolan, the 2 roads merge only a few k’s up the hill and we’ve already had plenty of spectacular single-laners lately…the new 2-lane road it is then.

Squiiiiiirt….

And that seems to stop abruptly near the top…ending in a huge carpark, which obviously caters for the skiers through the snow-season up here.

Hmmmm…..it’s supposed to go through, though?

A quick check with some road-workers and “Yup…just out the top-end of the carpark, see there?”

The delicious singlelaner snakes its way into the saddle…..riding smack-bang up the ski-slopes.
glubsch.gif

T2_0487a.jpg

You know it’s gonna be good…2m wide over 10.5k’s, 3m high (meaning tunnels), 14% drop, slippery and “strada senza barriere”….no Armco or anything to stop your free-flight if you goof-up.

T2_0488.jpg

T2_0489.jpg

T2_0490.jpg

T2_0490a.jpg

T2_0491.jpg

T2_0492.jpg

No pics taken on the descent…things were a bit intense….earning a coffee in Ovaro.
2thumbs_up.gif

Not having had a piece of straight road for the last few days, the 1k stretch of “near-straight” is a strange, but welcome sight : time enough to get comfy on the bike again, peel the pants out of the bum-crack, hike the kneepads into place…before it’s back into the twisties.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
The tack to the west up the Val (Valley) Pesarina to the Sella Razzo is more open and flowing…the pace is up.

T2_0493.jpg

T2_0494.jpg

T2_0495.jpg

The Sella Laverdet is closed…they’re still repairing the bridge near Campolongo/ Santo Stefano then.
banghead.gif

Let’s tack east then, sort of doubling back…dropping down another valley towards Lago di Sauris.

T2_0496.jpg

T2_0497.jpg

T2_0498.jpg

T2_0499.jpg

T2_0500.jpg

The Lago is a stumper!!

T2_0501.jpg

T2_0502.jpg

Cruising along the shoreline, there’s a small road turning left, up the hill…Lateis.
Nearly past, I hit the anchors….Lateis, Lateis…that rings a bell!

There was something about a Gasthof in one of the forums…let’s check it out!
A few k’s, a few twisties up the lush paddocks, and there’s the Riglarhaus (German again? Here?)…

“No problems, 3 rooms, here are the keys, have a look...and…dinner from 6.30 to 9.30, breakfast from 7.30” ….a wide smile finishes the exchange.
spoton.gif

Man, what a PLACE!! The thick timbers, the overflowing flowerpots, the views, the setting….THIS IS GOLD!!
AND the price is right, yeeha!

A quick look at the rooms in the building down the road, all done…we keep the keys and keep going from where we left the main road at the dam.

T2_0509.jpg

T2_0510.jpg

T2_0511.jpg

T2_0512.jpg

T2_0517.jpg

…and down the twisties for the 10k’s to Ampezzo….where autumn has really struck, the slopes are burning with colours.
glubsch.gif

And smells! There must’ve been a shitflicker here before us…the road turns into a slalom-course.

Tacking west again, I overshoot the turn-off to the tiny Passo del Pura….
Dave? Tim? Marty? and I are getting caught up in some “play” with a couple of German guys on some K12s or FJRs/ whatever…and get carried away for the next 10 k’s or so, up the shallow Passo di Mauria.
icon_whistle_.gif
icon_whistle_.gif

After the U-turn (and finding the turn-off) the Passo del Pura turns out genuine surprise.
slobber.gif

Small, scenic and totally void of traffic right up to the small “ristorante” in the saddle.
BEWDIFULL!!

T2_0503.jpg

T2_0504.jpg

T2_0505.jpg

T2_0506.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
….finishing up at the dam of the Lago di Sauris again.

T2_0507.jpg

T2_0508.jpg

You just can't take her anywhere !!

T2_0513.jpg

T2_0514.jpg

T2_0515.jpg

“Last one home pays the first round, aye?”
icon_biggrin.gif

T2_0518.jpg

T2_0519.jpg

T2_0520.jpg

I can’t help it…going for a quick tootle after seeing this little road above Lateis
icon_whistle_.gif

T2_0522.jpg

T2_0523.jpg

T2_0524.jpg

T2_0525.jpg

Another day closes….and like yesterday, I can’t even remember where we started in the morning.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Roads, countries, where was what??

It all starts getting a bit blurry.

Is there such a thing as TOO MUCH FUN?
bt.gif
bt.gif

T2_0526.jpg

T2_0527.jpg

The Riglarhaus….another of those places one doesn’t forget in a hurry.

The rooms are traditional, lots of carved timbers, a little balcony, cute and cuddly….the tucker's excellent!!

And the first round is mine….I came last.
bs2.gif
bs2.gif

T2_0528.jpg

moike

Old Fahrt

YEEEAAAHHH
IT IS !!! :gday:

Indeed.

Although I wouldn't recommend it as the place to start learning to stand up on dirt roads, especially if you have a morbid fear of heights.:eek:

But then, I wouldn't recommend a number of things I've tried.......:oops:

(don't get me wrong.. give me half a chance and I'll be back up there in a heartbeat.... or heart flutter)

asphalt

Tassie...where tyres are flat and nights are long
Indeed.

Although I wouldn't recommend it as the place to start learning to stand up on dirt roads, especially if you have a morbid fear of heights.:eek:

But then, I wouldn't recommend a number of things I've tried.......:oops:

(don't get me wrong.. give me half a chance and I'll be back up there in a heartbeat.... or heart flutter)
good morning moike :)
right ......
either you look in the deep, or up to the threatening loose stones, as big as a weekendhouse :devil:

with many greets from vienna
hans

Last edited:
Top Bottom