Room To Breathe...Hello High Country

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Re: Room To Breath...Hello High Country

I'm going for the late braking marker option. Next time I'm up there I will take a spray can of black paint and put my initials on the tooth where I start braking then see if anybody else tags a tooth closer to the apex. Counting teeth then stopping around the corner on a narrow road and standing on the road spray painting will be great for road safety. :D

Shit yeah!

:bs

Could build a whole weekend around that one, staying at the Blue Duck.
Then see who's left rolling/ limping by Sunday arvo and get Kenny with a Semi low-loader to cart the recyclables back to Melbourne.

Fark, maybe invite some QBE/Swan Insurance reps with a chalk-board to the event?

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

Some don't even need much of a bend. This is about 600 metres past the big bridge after Anglers Rest (heading north). The bike went over between the camera and the first marker.

Jeez, even I haven't managed that...yet!

Sounds like a Harley...still fighting the wobbles after arcing the foot-boards on that timber deck bridge, aye? :killingme

I figured the barriers on the inside were to stop 4WDs getting a little close to the edge on some of those corners with steep drops on the inside.

yeah :doh:

No reason for the lower rails though...on a bike you just can't go slow enough to fall over and casually slide under the normal armco!
(unless someone in a Vic Bitter coma courtesy of the Blue Duck?)

4WDs are a little too bulky to somehow squeeze underneath , yes?

The "wtf?" and "Monash-clowns" stands :chug:

Jeez, even I haven't managed that...yet!

Sounds like a Harley...still fighting the wobbles after arcing the foot-boards on that timber deck bridge, aye? :killingme

BMW actually.
We were riding quickly but not being stupid. The rider stayed on the road which was a good thing as its almost vertical and very rocky. The bike stopped about 5 metres down against the trees upright. The top box was found beside the river about 25 metres down.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Arghhh...that re-boots a picture of a VERY similar incident out the sticks of Northern Albania only a few years ago.
Another Beemer, another near vertical drop, another (very small and rare) tree holding things together.

Just to remove the possibility of future law suits. The person in the picture is not the owner or rider of the bike that went over the bank. He owns the bike pictured parked in the background. :D

Top Bottom