Noojee backblocks...and a dollop of Baw Baw

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
No shit, Sherlock!!

Fumina_05.JPG

Or No Shit Surman?

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Still baffled where that sealed road is going on that hillside over there....
not "ours" , nor the BawBaw Rd.....another one to check up on.

Fumina_023.JPG

Looks to be a dirt mound blocking it in the middle of the picture, so I'd say no normal access would be allowed / wanted by whoever is in charge of the road. not that that stops a bunch of bikes!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Was through there a few times in Nov Dec and it was still 100kph from the Ada Tree turnoff to the dog leg just before the Noojee junction.

Things change, mate...just mention that stretch to Pete TW,:whistle:
As said, brandnew signs on brandnew posts all along....just the actual speed-limit signs are pretty thin on the ground.

Or No Shit Surman?

:bs

Looks to be a dirt mound blocking it in the middle of the picture,

:eek: Only saw that in the pic after you mentioned it...but I think Marty is right, it's just a compacted gravel road, not asphalt.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Entire distance Rowson to Tyers is now 80 zone too. :bang:

Signs are cheap.... and the $$ return is phenomenal !!

Makes "flipping burgers" a real shit-business....and there are thousands who got rich on THAT! :doh:

Sounds exciting. Poisoned whatever made you "lube chains, mowed grass, shifted soil, weeded, used the line trimmer" ?? :bs:so

Yip.
The the constant rain this summer the bloody stuff won't die. Any chance of a group buy on Roundup? I'll take 50 litres!

BTW I was done doing 64 through the 60 zone in Gladysdale in January a few years ago. Cost $140 from memory.
The 80 zones have been in their current configuration for at least 12 months that I know of but the "new speed zone" signs are relatively new. Maybe they have had issues with people complaining they don't see the thin on the ground signs.
My GPS with the latest maps is also showing several roads around the hills that are currently posted as 80 as being 60 zones when it used to show them as 80. I hope that is a mistake rather than a pre warning of impending speed reductions.

dougman1

Part of the furniture
The day started of cool and overcast. By lunchtime though, the skies had cleared and it was a real summers day!

20170115_094354-X2.jpg

Perhaps a group buy...and this could be our Fumina clubrooms.

20170115_113219-X2.jpg

Here's Peter, showing the water boxer the water.

20170115_115504-X2.jpg

And Marty on the Tenere.

20170115_115605-X2.jpg

And this was on the way to work this morning.

The Roo didn't stand a chance...

It reminded me though of why I don't like to ride to work on these beautiful mornings.

20170116_063621-X2.jpg

It was (another) great day out.

The STRAWBERRIES were almost jam by the time I got home. I rode more gravel in the Northern suburbs. Had to flush the top box out on arrival.

Regarding the top box. I had opened it at Mt Baw Baw. No issues. When we got into Wandin at the Strawberry Farm.... Sheesh! Jammed shut. No amount of lifting and banging at the thing was going to open it.

We resorted to the XT toolkit. Then managed to prise it apart with a screwdriver. With a hiss of a vacuum seal the thing popped open.

Finally I have a water proof top box, that I cannot open... ha ha :killingme

farawayman

Long Timer
I had a very pleasant picnic with Dereks wife. (I wouldn't dare call her Mrs Crusty).

Then sort through and shift junk for my parents. Don't get old people! :bang:

Top Bottom