Fall ride to an old fall...Sunday 9/10/11

jefflthomas

Tour Pro
beautiful Thanksgiving weekend 'round here...

they say it was 27C around 3pm in Haliburton but i think that's a bit high

winter gloves & down vest but no long-johns & winter socks riding to breakfast at 8am

vest off & summer gloves on waiting for friends in Port Perry around 9.15am

liner out of jacket & vents open by 10.45am in Ennismore waiting for 2 more friends

vents zipped up at sunset...had to stop to remove sunglasses anyway

then dropped down the big lake where it's always warmer this time of year to get home

pretty near perfect...it doesn't get any better this time of year

here's a fairly accurate MAP but my odometer says around 550km

my fellow reprobates at the Haliburton scenic lookout

IMG_2891.JPG

IMG_2896.JPG

the bikes

IMG_2889.JPG

IMG_2886.JPG

IMG_2887.JPG

IMG_2888.JPG

IMG_2900.JPG

some scenic pics

IMG_2892.JPG

IMG_2897.JPG

IMG_2898.JPG

IMG_2899.JPG

north of Haliburton the roads were surprisingly wet in the shade for after 1pm in the afternoon...must have been a very heavy dew

the 40 year old crash site

4 decades ago that corner was about 10 feet higher & there was an open swamp right of the sign

IMG_2901.JPG

my mate (with a mate on the back) launched his BSA off the 15 foot cliff into the swamp

the bike hit a rock hard in the swamp but he's still on it but feeling a little disoriented

& the bikes still running underwater & he can't locate the ignition key

so he rips off the plug wires...UNDERWATER!!!...LOL

THAT WOKE HIM UP!!!...LOL

here's a pic of the milk truck he lived in for 2 days while bending the forks & frame back into enough shape to ride home

IMG_2904.JPG

she fell over in the soft sand stopping at the scene so it was appropriate to include her in this pic of the dual-sport BSA pilot...

she looks pissed...LOL

IMG_2903.JPG

anyway...it was a good day out

Chally

Tour Pro
Thanks for the report Jeff; I love that third photo. That old Kawka 900 looks in excellent nick!!!

Jeff

nev

Super Térrarist
Thanks for the report Jeff; I love that third photo. That old Kawka 900 looks in excellent nick!!!

Jeff

Today we were parked in a service center on the Joban Expressway about 50km north of Tokyo when another bike pulled up in the sheltered motorcycle parking area. It was a CB1100R in immaculate condition. The lower fairing was removed and the exposed engine was nicely detailed. Jo has some photos on her camera which I'll probably find after we get home.

jefflthomas

Tour Pro
Today we were parked in a service center on the Joban Expressway about 50km north of Tokyo when another bike pulled up in the sheltered motorcycle parking area. It was a CB1100R in immaculate condition. The lower fairing was removed and the exposed engine was nicely detailed. Jo has some photos on her camera which I'll probably find after we get home.

cool...i'd love to see some pics

strangely enough i saw this in September & you don't see these bikes around here

IMG_2880.JPG

Chally

Tour Pro

Thanks Nev I look forward to the photos.

Yeah Jeff that Kwaka looked mint alright. That CB1100R looks pretty similar!!! :thumbs:

Jeff

B

Bee Cee

I was a track side Marshall for a few years in the 80's and I fell in love with the cb1100r in all it's iterations. They had some mighty battles with the Suzukis. Morgage and young children prevented the purchase, not to mention the high cost. I still love to see them!

Top Bottom