[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
:wot: Interlaken ? I thought that cheesy story was full of holes... but nope, Interlaken Tasmania :) We rode over 2000ks in Tassie and somehow missed it :doh:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
:wot: Interlaken ? I thought that cheesy story was full of holes... but nope, Interlaken Tasmania :) We rode over 2000ks in Tassie and somehow missed it :doh:

Sorry, but...after 2000k's in Tassie you've missed about 85% of it.
And that's just the sealed stuff:wot: No cheese!

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
Sorry, but...after 2000k's in Tassie you've missed about 85% of it.
And that's just the sealed stuff:wot: No cheese!

Cheese and holes was a reference to Interlaken being Swiss - Swiss cheese is full of holes! (sorry bad attempt at humour)

Re Tassie,
:doh: We are going back!! :clap: just a matter of planning.
Dixie reckons she wants to live there! :???: :wink:
Ten days there was NOT enough :D
I have to say Tassie is NOT a place to go if you are weight conscious..
THE FOOD!! and the roads...Did I mention the food?, and the wine, and the chees, and the beer and the ...OMG .:thumbs:

Williamson

Part of the furniture
..... THE FOOD!! .... ...Did I mention the food?, and the wine, and the cheese, and the beer and the ...OMG .:thumbs:

I agree, but you also need to mention the costs, they also know how to charge down there.

I think that's because all of the local TAFE colleges have a course on How to Charge Tourists, and that every food and drink proprieter, accomodation provider and tourist operator has passed this course with honours.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
I agree, but you also need to mention the costs, they also know how to charge down there.

I think that's because all of the local TAFE colleges have a course on How to Charge Tourists, and that every food and drink proprieter, accomodation provider and tourist operator has passed this course with honours.

We had the best $5 burgers in the history of the universe at a little shop in Campania. Clearly they hadn't grasped the ins and outs of this whole tourism thing.

dougman1

Part of the furniture

They're all ex Whittlesea Shire employees, well versed in extracting blood from stones! :icon-maffick-::bees:

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
:( The males in our group of 3 couples searched far and wide for a DECENT bacon and egg roll...:( sadly they are a rarity in Tassie.
However :D salvation was at hand at Salamanca Bay Markets :clap:
for about $6. Best in Tassie ! though common on the mainland W-)

+1 re some of the food costs..Hobart pubs are worse than mining towns-that is they MINE your Wallet!! $8 for a light beer SUCKS!
However bottleshops are fairly priced :D
Travellers tip :cool::wink: if you like chocolate covered raspberries (impossible not to)
when at the raspberry farm- you,ll find it :wink:
join a long que and avail oneself of the complimentary fare offered .
Order your meal etc and while waiting for it, rejoin the que and again,avail yourself of the complimentary fare....:cool::wink::D
omg..
and the cherries.... for god sake we virtually demolished a box of them on the Spirit of Tasmania on the return to the mainland lol :lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom