[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Did you look to the west this evening?

Wish I had.
That's a stunner!
Where is the shot from?....not from your place, I know.
The only clear view MEL's skyline like that is from SkyHigh...or working the zoom to death.
Looks like you weren't too high up though...

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

Exactly the spot!!
The one I meant, going up that gravel track from Butler Rd. (pretty much opposite where TimSF used to live)
Didn't know that the tailend of Jean St. looped back instead of tying into the gravel path coming from Quarry Rd. (went up that plenty of times in the early days, too...until the quarry put a fence up)
Could be just a Gmaps goof, too...

Squizz and Crusty will have memories of that top-elbow of Jean St., trying to maneuver the tripods around the rocks and washouts :whistle::whistle:

There is a gate across Hilltop road now. Up until recently it has been a case of climbing through the hole in the fence. Yesterday the gate was unlocked and open enough to walk through. There is a more substantial gate on Jean St where it joins Ladys Walk.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
There is a gate across Hilltop road now. Up until recently it has been a case of climbing through the hole in the fence. Yesterday the gate was unlocked and open enough to walk through. There is a more substantial gate on Jean St where it joins Ladys Walk.

The footpath from Butlers Rd. (along the top of the quarry estate) is foot access only...rode it last to your photo spot about '11 or '12, got some photos floating about somewhere. Was a neat, little pocket in there, with GREAT views.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Still sorry about that one, mate :doh:

I knew it'd be lumpy... but that was a bit much :)

So I don't hijack Squizzy's thread.

I have been meaning to photograph this stretch of the Yarra between Milgrove and Warburton for about 20 years so this afternoon I did.

47935151637_8b62204828_h.jpg

47935171651_b48e13f442_h.jpg

Top Bottom