Solo trippin' on a Buell Ulysses...WARNING, loads of pics...

Z

zrex1100

I need to back up a paragraph. After deciding the Holiday Inn was too pricey for tonight's budget, and their attitude was too close to what I'm familiar with back in Virginia , I rolled out to the edge of town and saw the sign pointing toward Mesa Verde. I had planned to explore Mesa Verde if time allowed. Unfortunately, the route, CO-160 west lead straight into the cloud. Also, by the time I rolled into Durango, the clock struck 5:00pm, well, close enough to 5, that I decided against the whole Mesa Verde trip.

So, anyway, I'm back at the Budget Inn unloading the Uly. This process is very familiar by now. I removed both pieces of Wolfman Luggage and the tank bag. Once inside the room, I unload the tank bag so I now have a place to store dinner. I hop on the unloaded, much lighter Uly and head out to explore Durango in the misty rain. It's rush hour, so the streets are busy.

Diagonally across the street from my motel is a Subway. Perfect. I head straight over and order up a Tuna Sub LOADED with accouterments. As the lady is building the Sub, I notice three or four colorful bikes pulling into the motel directly across the street, right next to my motel. I'm almost certain this is the group I saw the day before back in Arches NP. I sieze my dinner, return to the bike, and I'm tempted to go talk to the group, but I have a more important mission. Beer!

I go into a gas station and look through the drinks. There's no beer. I ask someone inside where I can buy beer. He gives the Colorado history about supermarkets selling weak 3.2 percent stuff, or I can get the good stuff at one of two places, located at either end of town. None of this makes sense to me. In Virginia, if I want a beer, I can get a beer anywhere. This is turning into an ordeal. But I wanted a beer. I left the gas station and ended up in the historical district of Durango. I pulled up next to 2 girls and asked them where I could get a beer. They asked if I wanted to sit and drink a beer, or get carry out. I'm thinking I could have brewed my own batch by now, but I said 'carry out would work just fine, thanks.'

They gave me directions that led toward the Holiday Inn I had already visited, and right down the street from the Holiday Inn was a well equipped liquor store. I scored a couple beers, and now I'm heading back to the motel. As I pull up to my parking space, there's a fellow in the space next to me, putting a cover on his Gold Wing in preparation for the night.

I'm feeling chatty, so I roll up, remove my helmet, lock the bike, and introduce myself. At first, I can tell this older gentleman is sizing me up. He seems to be trying to figure out if I'm going to bum something off him, or something. Finally, he says hello. I tell him my name, and before long, he knows my life story. About a half hour later, I know his life story.

His name is Bob from Carson City, NV. 6 kids, 15 Grand Kids, etc.etc. Bob is super interested in hearing about my trip. I'm totally tripping when he mentions he and his lovely wife are just completing a 48 state tour of the United States. Oh man, I can only imagine the stories he has to tell. We continue talking, and just as when I was talking to Stan the evening before in Arches NP, Bob's wife continues whatever it is she's doing in preparation for the night. It's as if these ladies of the road expect their husbands to have extended conversations with strangers. This stuff never happens to me in Virginia!

Anyway, we continue talking for at least a half hour, and honestly, I started to feel bad for keeping this gentleman from his wife. Before ending the conversation, Bob said he was heading to Provo, UT to care for his dad for several weeks, before heading up to the Dakotas to finish their 48 state tour. I was gobbling up every word he spoke.

We finally wished each other well and went separate ways. And as usual, I didn't get a photo.

I went inside and discocvered my previously iced cold beer wasn't so iced cold anymore. That's okay, I'd just come from an engaging conversation. I grabbed my ice bucket and went to the ice machine across the way. I returned to the motel, put both bottles of beer in the bath sink, and pour the ice on top. Then I went for another load of ice.

On my way back to the room the second time, I walked past a couple obviously struggling to get their door open. I stopped, grabbed the card and slid it into the key slot. They were so thankful, you'd have thought I just bought them dinner. He see's my riding jacket and asks where I'm from. I tell him Virgina, at which point he gets excited and says "Greensboro North Carolina here!" He then leaves his wife, and starts walking over toward my bike. Before long, I know all about his '1983 something or other that hasn't been started in years but is sure it runs motorcycle sitting in the back of his shed',' and now he wan't to know all about my bike.

Pretty soon, the ice is melting. I'm getting more and more hungry, more and more thirsty, and less and less chatty. He grabs my hand and nearly broke it with the handshake, saying, "God Bless You Dave and Keep The Rubber Sign Down." I said something about "well He always does bless me and I always try to keep the rubber side down." That's pretty much all he needed to hear, and he split.

I went inside, popped open a beer, slammed down my sub, and just enjoyed the blessing.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Oh yeah man....there's more , MORE of this tale.
Dave, you're a champ and thanks for saving the weekend with the latest instalment. Bloody marvelous stuff, that !! :D :D
What a change in scenery :shock: Looks like 2 totally different planets.

This is GOOD !!
More, more -pleaaase...

Hytram

<-- now went that way
thats it!!!

Im mounting my camera to my bike...

I was think of putting some sort of timer on it so it would take a photo every 5 mins but also have a trigger to take a photo when I wanted it, A couple of gigs of cards and bob's your uncle

zrex1100, what camera mount do you use?

Marty

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Marty H said:
thats it!!!

Im mounting my camera to my bike...

I was think of putting some sort of timer on it so it would take a photo every 5 mins but also have a trigger to take a photo when I wanted it, A couple of gigs of cards and bob's your uncle

zrex1100, what camera mount do you use?

Marty

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THIS is funny. Went to Croydon Camera House this morning, trying to find something like i've seen in Dave's pics here.....NOTHING in the "pod" section :cry: :cry: , but came away with a $15 tripod I'll have to hack and mod and stuff around with. I'll get it going, but it'll be a while.

Checked Ebay yesterday, again no luck.
Would be best to have something adjustable to quickly mount to the bars of any bike (with bars/ not clip-ons)....

Z

zrex1100

Day 5 Continued into Day 6, Wednesday, September6,2006

Durango, CO to ????????????

After the evening conversations were wrapped up, I retreated to the comfort of my $58.00 room. I found the cheaper rooms were actually cleaner and cozier than the more expensive ones. I spent the evening uploading photos, talking to Julie, and listening to The Weather Channel. I wanted to get as much sleep as possible for the beginning of my return trip the next day. I fell asleep sometime around midnight, and woke up late, 7:35am Wednesday morning.

As I was preparing for the day inside the room, I happened to open the door at 8:05am and saw Bob and his lovely wife Linda on their Goldwing ready to depart. I caught their attention just in time. I grabbed my Nikon, and walked over. Bob shook my hand like he meant it. He then grabbed our hands with his left hand, and I could feel the genuine friendship flowing through.

I took a step back and shot two photos.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Bob and Linda W. These are two of the nicest people on the entire planet. And I mean that.
95506729-M.jpg

And the bike Linda purchased for Bob.
95506728-M.jpg

She bought it from Tampa. They flew in from NV, and started riding. No wonder Bob and I hit it off so well the evening before.

Right after I shot this photo, I walked back over to say goodbye. Bob told me to please stop by if I ever make it to Carson City, NV. Linda looked me right in the eyes, smiled, and said "Please bring your family, they're welcome in our home." I said I hope to see them again one day, told them to be careful, and just like that, Bob and Linda left.

I walked back inside the room with mixed emotions. I was sad they were leaving, and I didn't know if I'd ever see them again. I was happy to be able to see them one last time. How could someone I barely knew, someone I spoke to for only 30 minutes, have such an impact on me? It's because a connection was made, and it was real.

I went back inside, realizing I was getting a later than usual start. After loading the Uly, I left the parking lot in Durango at 9:10AM. My gas tank was full. I didn't stop to get a time documented receipt in Durango. I just left.

Heading south on 550 toward Albuquerque, the temps were frigid. My immediate goal was to reach Amarillo, 500 miles away. I wouldn't be stopping for sights today. The number one priority was maximum mileage. I didn't even mount the Kodak on the handlebar. In the back of my mind, I was planning, today or tomorrow, to do an IBA, 1000 miles in 24 hours. My plans usually fail, so it was loose plan, and success depended entirely on how I would be feeling once I reached Amarillo.

I left Colorado and entered New Mexico for the first time. Route 550 is pretty boring through NM. There were a few mountain passes where the elevation reached 7000 feet. Mostly, the road was flat, long, and straight. I checked my GPS and noted the elevation averaged between 4500 and 6000 feet. In New Mexico, 5500 feet was like sea level back home.

My Nikon was up front and center inside the tank bag, just in case. As I was rolling through NM, I saw a sign mountains off to my left were The Continental Divide. I shot a pic
95506732-M.jpg

just because it was the Continental Divide. Since I had the camera out, I shot another of the NM landscape
95506733-M.jpg

I stopped one other time to shoot a famous mound, I think it Montezuma ???
95506734-M.jpg

The above photo was taken from the saddle, just a record of seeing it. I wasn't in the mood for 'capturing' anything, just miles.

A few more shots of NM

Z

zrex1100

oops, I hit 'Submit Reply' prematurely, again.

95506735-M.jpg

95506736-M.jpg

I stopped here for a tank of gas and a hotdog.
95506730-M.jpg

Then I rode to I-25 south, to Albuquerque, to I-40 east. To make a long story short, I rode across New Mexico. I then rode into Texas. I reached Amarillo at 4:10PM. I pulled in for gas. I had ridden 500 miles. I called Julie. We talked about my possibilities. I told her I wanted to stay off the bike for 20 minutes, and just chill. She talked to me the whole time. The sun was setting. I decided to keep riding. I said goodbye to Julie, and told her I wouldn't be calling because it would be late by the time I got off the bike again.

I hopped back on I-40 and headed east. Before too long, I enter Oklahoma. I ran through a tanks of gas, and stopped to fill up. I went inside to pay. A really nice young guy, maybe 24-25 years old, took note that I was traveling on the bike. He asked me how far I was going. I told him I planned to run straight through Oklahoma. He thought for a moment, then went into action, telling me the towns up ahead where I should watch my speed. He was looking out for me, and I appreciated it. I thanked him, cranked my iPod, and split.

As soon as I got back on the interstate, I saw a HUGE, FULL MOON rising . It was slightly masked by haze, but was a wonderful sight. I debated on whether to stop and capture it. I kept rolling. Before long it was too high in the sky to make in interesting photo. I kept rolling. My next immediate goal was Oklahoma City. I wanted to see the bombing memorial. I reached Okalhoma City sometime between 8:30 and 9:15pm. Obviously too dark to stop and absorb the power the site offers. I kept rolling. Coming out of the east side of the city, the temps were dropping fast. Some kid in an import, maybe a civic, was driving right beside me. I guess he thought it was cool. I wasn't interested in playing. I was interested in focusing. I sped up, he sped up. I slowed dow, he slowed down. I crossed over 3 lanes of traffic, and left him. I just wanted to be left alone with my iPod, and the road.

Before long, a guy on a chopper came rolling past me. He was flying. I was cold wearing full gear. He was only wearing tattoes. This guy was wearing whorts, a muscle shirt, and sun glasses. I shivered just watching him. I don't care what anyone says, that guy was freezing his ass off. Period. I rode behind him for 15 miles, before he exited into one of Oklahoma's suburbs. I continued rolling. Before long, the busy interstate surrounding Oklahoma City gave way to empty darkness. I was very alone. I kept rolling. My night had only just begun.

Z

zrex1100

I was wearing all the cold weather protection I had. Part of the attire was my rain jacket. That works great at speeds below 45. Above 75mph, there's quite a bit of wind drag trying to rip the jacket off my back, strangling my neck in the process. I rode for hours hovering between 78-82 GPS indicated MPH. You just get used to it. My iPod was cranking. I continued rolling.

Most of the time, I used my brights. I'd roll up on a tractor trailer, then just as I'd pass, I'd turn the brights off, move into the left lane, flash the passing lights twice, execute the pass, the return to the brights. I had only one close call. I was passing a series of tractor trailers, was at about the gas tank on one truck, and he started coming over. Just when I thought I would have to run off the left side of the road, he saw me when he was half way into my lane, and moved back over. I was on high alert every time I passed a rig from that moment on.

There wasn't much traffic after 10pm. In fact, the flat land I had been traveling gave way to tree lined interstate. It was extremely dark. I started feeling very alone. Soon, my mind started thinking about what I would do if I ran out of gas, or worse yet, if the bike developed a problem. I didn't have a cell signal in much of the area I was riding. I had no flashlight. I started thinking about how difficult it would be to even fix a flat tire roadside in the dark. Just diggin out my tire repair kit from somewhere inside my luggage would be difficult.

The Uly had taken me on an Epic journey without missing a beat. Still, I began stressing out. In fact, I was starting to mildly freak out at the 'what if' scenerios. There's no logical reason for me to start worrying, but I was mastering the emotion. After so many miles in the saddle, so many hours solo, I guess the stress from fatigue started to have a negative impact on my psychological well being.

About this time, in the midst of a freak out, I swear this happened. I'm not going to sugar coat it, but it did happen. I was somewhere on the east side of Oklahoma City, my mind playing tricks on me, and I looked up and saw a billboard. In spotlights, I read the words "Fear Not For I Am With You." That's what I saw. And you know what, those words hit their mark. I can't explain it, other than to say, all those 'what if' thoughts left, and I was now riding in a totally peaceful state of mind. I think AC/DC was cranking in my iPod at the time :D

I rolled on, totally grooving on the trip. As the night wore on, my goal was to hit the 1000 mile mark so I could achieve the IBA. I rolled out of Oklahoma, into Arkansas. That was a welcomed site. About 1:00am, I was getting close to hitting the 1000 mile mark. BTW, I was using my GPS as the odometer, so the mileage was definitely accurate :deal . I was about 23 miles away from Clarksburg (or Clarksville, not going to look it up right now), AR. I was getting very tired. I knew I wouldn't hit the 1000 miles by the time I reached Clarksburg. I din't want to risk having to ride another 35-50 miles before finding another motel.

I rolled past the first exit. I rolled past the 2nd exit. I rolled up to the 3rd and final exit for Clarksburg, and my odometer was at 995.0 something miles. I rolled up the exit ramp, across the I-40 overpass, and busted a U-turn heading west on I-40. I rolled past the middle exit. I rolled up to the first exit. As I was coming up the exit ramp, my GPS indicated exactly 1000 miles. I ain't bullshittin' ya :D

I looked to my left, nothing. I looked to my right,,,,,,a Day's Inn motel stood right before my very eyes.

I rolled up at 1:37 am. There was another guy standing outside checking in. I took off my helmet, took out the ear buds, and walked over to check in. The guy turns around and asks, "How do you like that Buell?" :clap :deal :D .

I said, "I like it just fine. I left Durango Colorado this morning and just rode 1000 miles."

He said, "I just bought an Aprilia Tuono."

I couldn't believe he spoke those words. Everyone who knows me knows the Tuono is my Dream bike. One day, wait,,,,,,I need a moment here.

Anyway we start talking bikes:D . The guy behind the glass is smiling, participating in this engaging bike conversation at 1:45AM. I must have received an incredible adrenaline dump, cause my batteries were suddenly recharged. I paid for my room. The guy asks if I want to go get a beer. I declined, rode over to my room, got out the jetboil, and prepared myself a slammin' cup of coffee to celebrate th IBA accomplishment.

(I probably won't submit the paperwork for the actual certificate, since I didn't stop in Durango to get a witness or time/date receipt. I consider the photo of the GPS log my certificate, and plan on place an 8 x 10 photo on my garage wall as my certificate.)

Here's the trophy:

95514118-M.jpg

I drank the coffee, turned on The Weather Channel, and fell fast asleep. The next day I would go after the Saddlesore, 1500miles in 36 hours :D

Z

zrex1100

I was stirring about the room by 6:45 am. I woke to the sound of The Weather Channel, volume turned half way up. I didn't hear it until I slept right through the broadcasts all night long. I fired up my Jetboil on the front porch and prepared another cup of coffee. I prepared the bike for today's journey, then shot a few photos

95514120-M.jpg

95514119-M.jpg

I was on the bike heading out of Clarksburg just after 8am. I felt completely rested. My body had no soreness from the day before. I expected to be sore, I expected to be miserable. I was totally refreshed and ready for another day of riding. That's a testimony to how good the ergonomics are on the Buell Ulysses. That was one of the factors that narrowed my search down to selecting the Uly as my next bike. The stock seat, and seating position, and handlebar position, is perfect for my frame. None of these items need or will receive adjustment by me. For me, the Uly is good to go, as is from the factory.

I continued east on I-40. After a few miles, I noticed a vintage Yamaha XS1100 coming up on my left, riding two up. They passed me at a pretty good clip. I sped up to keep pace. I was pacing them at 84 GPS MPH, a speed just a touch too fast for my drivers license. I backed off, disappointed that I would have to ride this next stretch of highway solo.

As soon as I backed out of the throttle, the Yamaha also backed out a bit. I settled in behind them as we crusied in the 78 mph range. For the next 50 miles or so, I just paced off the Yamaha. They'd make a pass, and I'd follow suit. After 40 minutes or so, I decided to take the lead and let them follow.

It's funny the stuff that goes through one's head sometimes. I was happy to be riding with someone. I didn't want them to think I was up to no good, like stalking, or anything. I was just riding along. That's why I made the pass. I was hoping they wouold follow me down the highway. They did.

Before long, we started getting close to Little Rock, AR, just in time for rush hour traffic, and road construction. All lanes were forced into one. We were riding about 10MPH for several minutes. I could tell the guy on the Yamaha wanted to pull up alongside and say something. My iPod was cranking, so as soon as he pulled up along side me, I had to motion that I couldn't hear him. This went on for several miles.

Finally, traffic stopped completely, and I was able to reach inside my jacket and turn off the iPod. The guy rolls up, and mentions the "ADV" sticker on the back of my helmet, and asks if I ever post here. I said occasionally, although the truth is, I'm more comfortable with the fellow misfits on ADVRider than any other site. He said he's lurked here but never posted. He then mentions they are just returning from an 11000 mile trip across America, including Alaska. Traffic starts rolling again, and they are low on gas, so they exited. It turns out the guy is Kevin, and his better half is Lori. Kevin goes by KNYBanjo here on ADVRider. It was a pleasure rolling up I-40 with the two of them. Encounters like this, though brief, cement relationships. One day I hope to ride with you again Kevin and Lori. Until then, I hope to read a report about your trip.

I finally made it to the otherside of Little Rock. I continued on, iPod cranking again, for what seemed like hours before reaching Memphis, TN.

I was disappointed with the size of the Mississippi River. The potomac is wider than the Mississippi :D . Rolling through Memphis was a challenge to this out of towner. Pretty soon I'd discover law enforcement, Memphis style.

The following is a cut and paste from the thread over in the "Beasts" section from the thread "I'm getting a Uly too." It's easier than rewriting it.

I was folloowing a white SUV government vehicle across the Mississippi River, when, several miles later, the I-40 Eastbound lane was a suden left hand single lane merge. I was in the process of passing the SUV, when I saw the sign, so I motioned that I was coming over in front of him, and I'd appreciate it if you'd give me enough space to merge in :D . He did, and I gave him a thumbs up gesture. About this time, the lane we were in merged into a boatload of traffic, mostly tractor trailers, none of which were trying to be courteous to the fine folks in my lane trying to merge in. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I pinned the throttle and sped up to about 80mph (in a 55mph zone) to accelerate past all the traffic on I-40 :D , and it turns out the nice little SUV is an undercover state cop:D .

I had no problem hearing the siren piercing through the music on my iPod, and no problem seeing the blue lights in my Uly's vibrating mirrors :D . I immediately pulled over across 4 lanes of trafic with the SUV on my ass, stopped the bike, took off my helmet so I could get the earphones out of my head:D ,because these were instructions I wanted the heed:D .

As the cop was walking up, I got off the bike, and said, :I totally screwed up back there and I apologize for it. I'm not from around here, and that sudden merge caught me off guard, but I screwed the whole thing up." :deal :deal :deal :deal :deal :D

He asked me where I was going. I told him "back to VA." He then asked me where I was coming from :clap :clap :clap and I proceeded to tell him about my journey:D . He asked to see my license, I handed it to him, and he said "you were riding pretty aggressive back there Dave.":lol3

He then said, "Dave, I'm not going to write you a ticket, but I want you to crank it down a notch or 3.":D I said "thank you Mr. Nichols," and he let me go.

So if you happen to read this Mr. Nichols, I tip my hat to you:freaky

The real funny thing is, all the people on I-40 I blasted past earlier, saw me sitting there pulled over by a cop, then, within minutes, I was blasting past them again:D

I continued riding through TN. It seemed like it took four IronButt awards before reaching Nashville. I rolled into Nashville around 4:15pm. Rush hour was well under way, and traffic sucked.

I had planned to contact FtBstrd in Nashville to smack down a brew. After sitting in rush hour traffic the only thing on my mind was getting to the other side of the City, out of traffic. Also, I forget exactly, but I had not yet reached 500 miles for the day, and I had until 8:10 that evening to achieve the Saddlesore. Even though I won't submit the paperwork for the official certificate, it was a personal goal, and I wanted bragging rights. I just want to say to Ft Bstrd, sorry for not stopping, I meant nothing personal by it.

I kept. rolling through Tennessee. On and on, damn, that's a long state. Finally I reach the outskirts of Knoxville. I stopped and called Julie. I told her I was planning to go to Deals Gap and stay there for 2 nights if I could score a room. (For my Aussie friends down under, Deals Gap is 318 turns in 11 miles snaking through the Smokey Mountains here in the eastern US:deal.) Julie looked up several motels I was familiar with in Robbinsville, NC, but both were booked solid. Usually I would have just gone to Robbinsville and discovered I had no place to stay after riding the 1.5 hours to get there. Today, I was happy I called beforehand and didn't waste 3 hours.

I told Julie I just earned the saddlesore. Here's my trophy:

95514116-M.jpg

1588 miles in 22 hours. BTW, the Uly handles just fine at 103 MPH :D

Anyway, Julie told me I should stop for the night. I said thanks for the advice. An kept going:D .

I actually thought about riding all the way home. It would have been about a 1150 mile day. I would have arrived home at 4:14AM according to my GPS.

I continued North. About dark, I started getting tired. A little later, I got real tired. And cold. And hungry. And thirsty. Marion, VA would be my goal. I continued rolling. About 18 miles south of Marion, my bike hit reserve. I had to pull over for gas. At about the same time, my iPod batter breathed its last. There was no way I was going to ride all night without tunes to keep me company.

I filled the tank, went inside, bought two 24oz Watermelon Smirnhoff drinks, and checked into a rustic motel. I went inside, cranked up the wifi, drank a few drinks, stayed up late, and slept in for the first time in 7 days.

Nice place for $50.00
95518751-M.jpg

Only one day left :cry

Z

zrex1100

Final Report. Day 8, Friday September 8, 2006.

Destination: Home sweet home.

I slept until 9:30am. I awoke, and for the first time took advantage of the motels continental breakfeast. Then I loaded the Uly, and hit the road.

Marion VA is only several hours south of Pops house. This morning I had two options. I could ride route 16 West out of Marion. This road leads through some of the finest twisties Virginia has to offer. I've ridden it only one time, with Steverino, Harpoon, Eap, HarveyMushman, Squidley, Jabba, Scorch, I'm leaving someone out, and I hate that, but it's unintentional,,,,,oh yeah Robert (forgot screen name) :D . To this day, it was the best group ride I've ever been on. I need to go back to Marion:deal . The other option was to head north, and stop by to see my Dad, and my brother Squidley, on the way home.

One thing I learned a long time ago, is People are more important than things. If you haven't learned this on your own, noone can teach it to you. There was no struggle in deciding what to do.

I rolled up I-81 to my dad's place. For the next 1.5 hours, I shared tidbits of the trip with my dad and Squidley. My dad seemed really interested in what I had to say. I enjoyed the visit. Here's to you dad.

95518754-M.jpg

Squidley was all ears. Later that evening, he called to say my trip had inspired him. He was leaving the next day on a solo trip to Maine. No wonder his wife hates me :D

I rolled out of dad's place toward home. I hit 211 eastbound. For the first time, I let the Uly run free. I hit some familiar Virginia back roads, and just hauled ass through the twisties. The bike handles like it's on rails, even with 40 lbs of baggage loaded on the back. I knew the Buell Ulysses was a perfect match for my riding style.

I arrived home to a warm welcome by my supportive wife and kids, shortly after 5:00pm. I love you Julie. Total miles for the trip was 3300 and some change.

If I ever get the opportunity to do this again, there will be no hesitating. If anyone out there is debating on a similar trip, I simply encourage you, go.

I'd like to say a hearty Thank You to everyone I met along the way who made my life richer just by your acquaintance. Everyone in this report, whether I met you out on the road, or here in the forums, including ADVRider, BadWeatherBikers, or AusTouring.com, I'm humbled by your generous comments regarding the report and photos.

I hope to see everyone of you out there someday.

Dave

95519561-M.jpg

farawayman

Long Timer
What a great trip. :shock: :shock: :D

I must admit that my favourite trips have been the ones that I have done alone. Not that I don’t enjoy riding with others.
Thanks for sharing you trip with us Dave, absolutely fantastic pictures and you are a great wordsmith. Just enough commentary to keep it interesting.
Thanks

Top Bottom