[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

zol.

bazmeg
That's the usual way in/ out https://bit.ly/3rSvQT3
The eastern end can continue into Narbethong...or turn south to the Black Spur Roadhouse/ servo via Racecourse Creek/Kings/Manby Rds.

The other end either morphs into Black Range Rd. or turn via Yellowdindi to Sylvia Creek/ Murrindindi Rds.
Squiz knows his way around all that.
I tried Bull Creek Rd but it got too steep and rutted for road tyres. Same as the parallel road I tried. I ended up sticking to dirt until bp in Yea and explored around Highland via Yarck.
Screenshot_2022-04-26-12-48-53-32_48d6214a685bed0eadb2d5ad78ad5802.jpg
Screenshot_2022-04-26-12-49-41-90_48d6214a685bed0eadb2d5ad78ad5802.jpg

ant

AngryAnt
I tried Bull Creek Rd but it got too steep and rutted for road tyres. Same as the parallel road I tried. I ended up sticking to dirt until bp in Yea and explored around Highland via Yarck.

If the Strom is your dedicated dirt steed then get some more aggressive dirt tyres next time ;-)

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

Easy enough to get stuck in there, with all those roads and tracks around. Many tracks are also chewed out by a summer of 4WDs chomping through the woods.
Went straight up the hill @ Yarck ....or went via Gobur?
Another great area for snooping around the gravel tracks....

zol.

bazmeg
If the Strom is your dedicated dirt steed then get some more aggressive dirt tyres next time ;-)
Yeah might check out the Tractionators. Only have 1k on my A41s haha.
Easy enough to get stuck in there, with all those roads and tracks around. Many tracks are also chewed out by a summer of 4WDs chomping through the woods.
Went straight up the hill @ Yarck ....or went via Gobur?
Another great area for snooping around the gravel tracks....
IMG_20220427_142102.jpg
I was running out of light so I skipped a few areas. Was hoping to see where Banbury Rd leads following the power lines.
Sometimes, I have been known to spend some time riding around in that area, to ride past the same point twice :LOL: Rooftop maps are your friend. Great riding in the area though.
Will have to check it out.

I'll post another pic to not derail the thread too much with text. Haha.
IMG20220424144904.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20220424144904.jpg
    IMG20220424144904.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 0

ant

AngryAnt

Yes, I got the same dilemma on the new DRZ, near new conti road tyres on it when I bought it which are super sticky to be fair. they were ok on dirt the other week but it was pretty dry.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I was running out of light so I skipped a few areas. Was hoping to see where Banbury Rd leads following the power lines.

Banbury is short-lived...it only makes it across the narrow Murrundindi River Bridge before a 3-way split at the next junction.

Going by the shape of that hook north of Yarck you went for the sealed loop via Gobur to Highlands / Ghin Ghin/ Yea. Beaut riding up there :)
Maybe come along for a day-ride one of those weekends and check out some nice, easy gravel-gems ?

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Winter coming...time to prep the Forma's for some more wet stuff.

P1060862.JPG

Beware the flying thieves

P1060871.JPG

Top Bottom