Calabogie & back

jefflthomas

Tour Pro
spoton.gif
it's kinda cool that on a bike you can go on a ride somewhere & when you return by the exact same route it's a completely different ride
mut.gif

rode up to a buddys Saturday afternoon
img0808ok9.jpg

beers..barbeque..beers..hockey on TV..beers..up late..up early & off to the bike races at Calabogie http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/

it was a nice little ride, only 420k (250m +) http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...8,4.394531&z=8

progressively challenging on the way there & the opposite on the way back

as your starting from gentler hill country, where there's even still the odd farm

heading into more rugged terrain that dictates where a road CAN be put

rock...trees...weird unpredictable twisties...2nd gear...3rd gear...torque in the bush!
mut.gif

the racetrack itself was excellent but left a lot to be desired for spectators

as it's new & i knew there'd be no stands i wasn't expecting much but was still disappointed

they'd just bulldozed the woods, not even a bit of grass to sit on, just dirt & roots, couldn't even put your gear down or it'd be ruined, if it'd rained it would have been a nightmare

kinda reminded me of The Bridge on the River Kwai

beautiful engineering surrounded by a complete f**kin' shit-hole!!!

$30 to get in, only watched one race perched on a rotten log, walked over to the pit area (like a f**kin' death march in cowboy boots with the heat, carrying my gear) & found a picnic table with shade in front of the admin trailer

decided shortly after i'd had enough fun for one day & headed back to the bike about 5 laps into the Superbike race & beat the rush outta there

so the ZRX & the Honda Four took off to this little spot we'd passed on the way, relaxed & waited for the other guys

img0809ac5.jpg

img0811ff9.jpg

img0813rc6.jpg

had a great ride back.....blackflies were out in full force though.....this pic doesn't do them justice....shoulda got a shot of the "previously" white beemer
img0814mo3.jpg

split off from the crew about 4/5 of the way back & popped in on another buddy to change my front tire
img0815lj9.jpg

coulda squeezed a few more clicks outa the old one ........but it's a fairly heavy bike with good brakes that's ridden in the rain....& i've had respect for the laws of physics beaten into me....a few times
dohx.gif
mut.gif

img0816aw3.jpg

that white paint marker dot is actually the heavy spot of my rim.....not the valve
img0817gl7.jpg

img0818rj6.jpg

this little fella musta dropped by to soak up some rays
img0819wb8.jpg

picked him up & took him a ways off & the little buggar was back in no time.....good sunbathing spot i guess
img0822jp1.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Great stuff !!

Nice countryside you've got there :wow::so
Wouldn't mind calling that tyre-changing mate of yours a mate of mine...what a workshop !!!:glu:glu

Top Bottom