Golden Dragon Rally 2019

nev

Super Térrarist
Another grand final long weekend, another trip to the Golden Dragon Rally in Tarnagulla.

IMG_20190927_110422.jpg

We rode up Friday morning, across Mt Disappointment, through Pyalong, Redesdale, Eppalock, to the 8 Sisters Cafe in Bendigo which has an excellent menu of Nepalese food, and the best Momo soup we've found since we were in Leh, India a dozen years ago.

After lunch we headed the last 50km to Tarnagulla and set up camp.

IMG_1699.JPG

Much bullshit was told around the campfire.

Saturday we went for a ride to the Wychitella pub for lunch.

IMG_1712.JPG

Unfortunately the pub has closed down, so we backtracked to Korong Vale where the publicans wife, originally from Thailand, whips up an excellent Thai feast in the kitchen.

IMG_20190928_133959.jpg

The resident dog at the Korong Vale pub was this monster great dane.

IMG_20190928_125929.jpg

For the trip to and from Wychitella I had programmed into the GPS a 79km track of which less than 15km was bitumen, and the rest was lovely farm and forest roads. I reversed the same track for the return trip.

IMG_1716.JPG

A GS650G "Katana" Suzuki at the rally. On the one hand I have some fondness for this model as I owned one in the mid 90s for several years, but on the other hand I still remember it was a pig of a bike to ride.
IMG_1708.JPG

The Friday night band at the Rally was pretty good, the Saturday night band not so much.
IMG_20190927_192237.jpg

A table full of crap raffle prizes. From 3 tickets I won 2 prizes.
IMG_20190927_192243.jpg

Jo Trying out the Kangaroo chair in the park in Tarnagulla.
IMG_20190928_090044.jpg

campfire.jpg

Sunday we rode home via a breakfast stop at the Glenlyon store.

KingStrom

Long Timer
A great weekend spent away from this footy mad town is not a bad thing Nev and plenty of good roads explored! Can't wait for get some riding done as been far too long and these reports don't help...lol!!!

nev

Super Térrarist
A great weekend spent away from this footy mad town is not a bad thing Nev and plenty of good roads explored! Can't wait for get some riding done as been far too long and these reports don't help...lol!!!

Don't think that we got away from the footy. I watched the pre-game stuff on the telly in the pub on saturday. We got back to camp right around when the footy started. I watched/listened to the first half of it streaming on my phone in my chair, then walked over to the pavilion/bar at the rally site at half time where there was a big TV and watched the second half of the game there ;)

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Thanks for sharing Nev, I'm sure you had a better time than me Saturday PM, got set-up for the GF, lost interest around halfway through the 2nd quarter, only die heard Tiger supporters could've enjoyed it.

Saturday AM was good though, went for ride with a coupla mates to Warburton (good coffee and snag roll at the bakery), Reefton Spur, Marysville (good pie at the bakery), Black Spur and home for the GF.

Yeah, I know what some will be thinking, Reefton Spur, nice day, 100's of riders (some dickheads too!), but is was a good ride, took some edges off the tyres, getting them in nick for two weeks in Tassie in November.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Dug up some sweet roads, too...that one looks sooo much like the Lambing Gully Rd. :drool:

Nah! I know Nev & Jo (well Nev anyway) like to get lost wherever they go, but Lambing Gully Road on the way to Tanagulla, I don't think so.

Someone will be along soon too sort this out.

Top Bottom