[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

Squizzy

Long Timer
Now you REALLY make me weep!
It was just another bike Pete, people only got warm and fuzzy about it years later. The lovely silver/black mist paint job disappeared due to parking in the sun by the previous owner, I could only afford a straight black respray at the time, would be nice to have it now, I need a bigger garage and $25,000 for a nice one though. I must admit, it did go to some pretty average spots that I wouldn't take the R80 to now.

Loaded up for our honeymoon in Tassie, Feb 1980.

R90S.jpg

Hytram

<-- now went that way
No one needs that sort of power in a motorcycle...

I so want that much power in a motorcycle.

Why?

Why not!

Looking over the motorcycles that I have owned and the ones that I want back, they were the ones that as soon as you hopped on them they said to you
“I am totally going to kill you "
And my reply
"game on mole"

KingStrom

Long Timer
100% agreed Hytram, sold my B-King and to this day still miss that silly horsepower which was on tap at ay RPM to launch you into warp factor speeds with so much ease. It put a smile on my dial every time I rode it and shocked everyone who saw the thing accelerate into the distance and had my senses very much alive to keep up with the thing...lol!!!

Attachments

• 20130115_192551.jpg
    20130115_192551.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 2

Williamson

Part of the furniture
View attachment 3234View attachment 3235

300 hp...
Launceston national motor museum.

Can you fit a tow hitch?

100% agreed Hytram, sold my B-King and to this day still miss that silly horsepower which was on tap at ay RPM to launch you into warp factor speeds with so much ease. It put a smile on my dial every time I rode it and shocked everyone who saw the thing accelerate into the distance and had my senses very much alive to keep up with the thing...lol!!!

Ditto.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Carry less shit and you won’t need a tow hitch 😂 Then you get better power to weight ratio.

For me, the amount of stuff carried on the ST1300 or in the trailer is difference between having two or three comfortable nights, or not, at an isolated rally site.

1682132692356.png
  • Tent - stretcher tent now
  • Gazebo
  • Esky
  • Bag of ice, sometimes two
  • Beer, slab of beer, sometimes two
  • Food
  • Table
  • Chair, sometimes two
  • Cooking stuff, including steamer for dim sims
  • Eating stuff
  • Sleeping stuff
Each to their own.

Obviously the extra weight will reduce the power to weight ratio, but with grunt of the Mighty ST1300, it's not a concern. Still enuff speed to fall off and hurt myself.

Last edited:

Squizzy

Long Timer
For me, the amount of stuff carried on the ST1300 or in the trailer is difference between having two or three comfortable nights, or not, at an isolated rally site.

View attachment 3239
  • Tent - stretcher tent now
  • Gazebo
  • Esky
  • Bag of ice, sometimes two
  • Beer, slab of beer, sometimes two
  • Food
  • Table
  • Chair, sometimes two
  • Cooking stuff, including steamer for dim sims
  • Eating stuff
  • Sleeping stuff
Each to their own.

Obviously the extra weight will reduce the power to weight ratio, but with grunt of the Mighty ST1300, it's not a concern. Stiill enuff speed to fall off and hurt myself.

I agree, much better to have a comfy night's sleep and a good meal at a rally site. Did the Dargo rally last time on the DRz, nice and easy riding in compared with the outfit, but it wont be happening again. I must be getting old :)

Top Bottom