2014 Cup Weekend Alpine Adventure

Sir Francis

Displaced person
We were provided under cover parking. I guess it just depends on what they have planned for the night - understandable if there is something going on in the big covered concert area.

Maybe she was just concerned the hefty weight of your bike could have caused the concrete floor to collapse.....

Williamson

Part of the furniture
We were provided under cover parking. I guess it just depends on what they have planned for the night - understandable if there is something going on in the big covered concert area.....

Good point, but from memory there wasn't much on the night of 16 Novemebr 2012.

....Maybe she was just concerned the hefty weight of your bike could have caused the concrete floor to collapse.....

The first time we parked the bikes in the "beer garden" was the first night on the way to the AusTouring AGM. We had the Mighty CB1300, Martin's Bandit 1250F, Mikkey's DL1000 WTF, and (I think) Moike's BMW (of some variation).

Four big bikes all chained together out of the severe elements of that weekend - the ambient temp was 47C (on the CB's guage). Effing hot it was ........

Whatever happened to Mikkey? Last post 12 October 2010 ..........

Sir Francis

Displaced person
The rain had stopped by the time we were ready to depart Sunday morning.

Lisa and Sil returned to Melbourne, while we continued towards the Snowys.

Dropping into Buchan.

Great spot for second breakfasts.

We began the climb towards the Barry Way.

Most of the junk has been removed from Seldom Seen.

Soon we reached a fork in the road.

What is Fuzzy praying for?

Looks like these two have already found enlightenment.

The Barry proper.

The Snowy River.

We were soon at the border.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
We rode along the valley.

Before climbing up to the lookout.

Into Jindabyne for lunch.

At lunch, we set our overnight target of Candelo.

A rare stop to check a map.

And we were back on the dirt and into the forest.

Dropping towards Candelo.

There was a band playing when we arrived at the pub. Legend has it (well, no they told everyone all the time) that the drummer used to play for the Village People. Given how bad the band was, I guess they weren’t lying when they said he left the Village People to play with the Village Idiots. If you look closely, I think you can see the pain… :bs

After almost everyone had run ins with the publican, we started to question whether we’d make it through the night. Here, Fuzzy clutches his doohickie 50 in the hopes of good luck… :eek:

Good accommodation. Loverly wife. OK food.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
From some of the sounds being produced in the adjoining room, Mark and I were not so sure the others had survived the night. :bs

An early start towards Wyndham.

Not many photos as I was working pretty hard to outrun the loonies behind… :whistle:

Past Cathcart.

Breakfast in Bombala.

We went in search of platapoda.

A little confusion, the Bonang was quickly despatched and we made a run for McKillops Bridge.

Just before the bridge, we were amazed by a herd of wedge tail eagles circling and swooping.

The view from the bridge.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
Someone please tell me what the doohicky is? It has a value of 50 and is not accepted at any shops I went to.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
We started the climb.

Detoured back onto the Barry Way before cutting across to Benambra.

Back on the tar just short of Benambra.

Then Famous Rog showed us a locals cut through.

Steve departed after lunch in Omeo. Fuzzy, Famous Rog and I headed towards Dogs Grave.

We dropped into another valley and then climbed back to the Dargo Rd.

Almost back on the bitumen at MtHotham.

Made it.

My Tiger rampaged on the ride down to Harrietville.

We stopped for the night with Myrtleford royalty.

Top Bottom