Fridays are too good to spend at work

nev

Super Térrarist
Another FarRide had been scheduled. Destination for lunch, Bermagui NSW. Since the last decent ride I went on was another FarRide to Eden, the obvious, most direct routes were already travelled last Oct, so I decided on a different course.

Friday morning 07:30 I left home and headed north to Yea, then east. Breakfast stop in Bonnie Doon. While there I noticed a cockatoo at the top of a tree hadn't really moved much since I'd been there, and other cockies were flying around the vicinity. The one in the tree actually looked to be trying to make eye contact with me. He was attached to what seemed to be a large knotted length of twine which was wrapped around some branches and was struggling to break free.

cockie1.jpg

I went into a cafe there and pointed at the tree and told the lady behind the counter I think there was a bird caught in it. She was busy texting someone and told me she was in contact with the council and they were trying to get a cherry picker out there, and that the bird had been caught in there since the previous afternoon.

cockie2.jpg

So onwards I went. Through Mansfield to Whitfield where the jacket liner and overpants were removed.

A quick stop near Powers lookout to launch the drone over the valley.

KingValley1.jpg

KingValley2.jpg

Through Beechworth and Yack, and over the Granya Gap. A quick stop along the river road near Granya.

Granya1.jpg

Granya2.jpg

Granya3.jpg

Across the river at Jingellic and through Tumbarumba and Tumut, then the dirt to Wee Jasper.

WeeJasper1.jpg

WeeJasper2.jpg

WeeJasper3.jpg

Then into Yass where i found a cheap motel, and a great meal at the Soldiers Club in town.
and a quick look through town, and Banjo Paterson Park

Banjo.jpg

nev

Super Térrarist
Saturday morning I was at the servo in the main st filling up at 6am and off up the Hume Hwy to Goulburn, then down through Tarago to Braidwood.

Braidwood.jpg

Braidwood2.jpg

Down the Kings Hwy to Batemans Bay then south along the coast.

Another stop near Tuross for some photos

Tuross1.jpg

then to Bermagui

Bermagui1.jpg

Bermagui2.jpg

Bermagui3.jpg

Bermagui4.jpg

After catching up with the other FarRiders for a little while, I headed out of town, south through Tathra, Merimbula, then onto the Princes Hwy for the rest of the trip to Melbourne.

A look at the old elevated railway near Orbost from a different angle

Orbost1.jpg

Orbost2.jpg

Orbost3.jpg

new middle of the road Armco barriers between Stratford and Sale. A lot more of the same being erected between Bairnsdale and Stratford.

Sale.jpg

I noted earlier in the day that one of my headlight bulbs had blown, so at a servo along the way I had bought two new bulbs, and I stopped for dinner in Trafalgar and replaced both bulbs there. I know from experience that on the Super Tenere this is a job to be done in daylight hours with plenty of visibility and time to pay attention. I rolled into the driveway at home at 9pm after a tad over 1000km for the day.

Zuckerbaron

Tour Pro
<<I rolled into the driveway at home at 9pm after a tad over 1000km for the day.<<

:clap:
Well done for a Friday!
I looked up Bermagui in Google, seems to be a nice area.

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
:clap: nice one Nev, many of those pics bring back fond memories of our times riding in those areas and on those same roads,some with AT family :cdle

Top Bottom