[STICKY]Your Favourite Motorcyle Touring Pic

V

vbstubby

Just before the fun starts on the Oxley Hwy, was there this week 8)

P8080422.jpg

And this is along Waterfall Way, back in May.

P5220246.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Let's try again, totally forgot about the faq/ new forum software issue :oops::oops:

Go into your user CP and select "edit options", at the bottom of the page select "Standard Editor--extra formatting controls".
Save your new settings.

The pics you wish to insert into your post have to be in some other Internet-location (either your own provider-web space or some place like webpix.com etc)
The pics are then referenced into your post by specifying their URL.
You can NOT insert pics from your own hard-drive/ computer.
When posting a Message simply write or paste the URL of your image, then highlight the URL and use the "insert image" button above.

Just follow the prompts from here.

Is there a size limit to the pictures I post?

All Photos on this site should be no wider than 700 pixels. Panorama photos with a height of 200 pixels will be accepted.

Your forum your rules but IMO 700 pixels is too narrow these days.
The vast majority of people have at least 17" CRT monitors running 1024 x 768 or LCD monitors running 1280 x 1024.
I think 1024 is a better width.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Your forum your rules but IMO 700 pixels is too narrow these days.
The vast majority of people have at least 17" CRT monitors running 1024 x 768 or LCD monitors running 1280 x 1024.
I think 1024 is a better width.

There are various reasons for that...firstly it's a pic-heavy site, the bigger the pics, the more time it takes to load. On some of the BIG stories, it takes long enough as is...

Then there are the "older" folks :eek:, who run their 17" at 600x800 or 19" on 1024...it sorta happens when the eyes aren't quite what they were some years ago.
With the rest of the layout of the forum, bigger pics will then make it necessary to scroll sideways for each individual pic....bloody annoying, when there are a shitload of pics in a thread.

To be honest, I'd love to see bigger pics...I'd like better quality, more detail...but for the sake of sticking to the middle-ground, 700 seems to do the trick.

G

Grey Gentry

Just an update (for Marty) on the Bonang Hwy Sign. This was taken on the Monday 8th October 2007. It seems he started something? :)

DSC00397s.JPG

FUTURE.

Tour Pro
Hi all. First post here.

These photo were taken early in the morning north of Armidale NSW in August 1999. Was on my way to the Qld Virago Owners club rally. Bike is a last model XV1100 with HRD 1 1/2 sidecar. It was cold that morning.

1999b.jpg

1999c.jpg

FUTURE.

Tour Pro
1995. XV1000 with HRD 1 1/2 sidecar. Near Orange. On our way to Queensland via inland NSW. Wife with our then only daughter.

xv1000a.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Last month. Me with my MuZ Skorpion Traveller at Warragamba Dam..

80060013OCT-%20010.jpg

Firstly a warm welcome here!
Nice to see a MuZ on these pages (nearly bought the last 8 or 9 of them after the imports stopped).
I'm sure I've seen your name/ bike on some other forum.
Anyway, welcome and enjoy!

Top Bottom