[STICKY]Your Favourite Motorcyle Touring Pic

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Couldn't add any text to the post for some reason. user error in my case!! 1st pic is Bicheno and 2nd is view from Lake Pedder Lodge

Do some text first, then attach the pic. The pic will display in full size...and scroll the previous inserted text out of sight.
The cursor will slip down to the bottom RH corner of the displayed pic....hit enter for more text or the next pic.

Now attached pics will go exactly where the cursor is....caught me out a few times (still does sometimes).

Can anyone pick the corner?

:)

I wonder if that gravel track is open again, been gated off for years.
Bloody steep at the start, then tops out at a tiny turnaround area with unbelievable ~340deg views (Mt. Roland is knocking out the rest).

The main road corner is also known as "The Abseiler" or "eff-off-corner". ;-)

Last edited:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Another AusTouring ride....

Bullfrog Basin and the Burr Trail, Capitol Reef National Park, Utah

IMG_7475.JPG

IMG_7478.JPG

Goodie on the 400DRZ and the bargain basement KLR

IMG_7548.JPG

The DR and Jimbo scrambling around the Rock Gardens

IMG_7557.JPG

IMG_7553.JPG

IMG_7702.JPG

Hytram

<-- now went that way
I wonder if that gravel track is open again, been gated off for years.
Bloody steep at the start, then tops out at a tiny turnaround area with unbelievable ~340deg views (Mt. Roland is knocking out the rest).

it was closed in Jan this year when I was down there

probably never will be open again a reckon

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
bummer.
Not that too many would go up there, that track ran right on top of the lip of that old quarry until it veered into the bush at the ridge.
The views were just outstanding. from up there.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Forum trip NZ North Island....

Taranaki gravel and tunnels

2019_Wairarapa_337.JPG

2019_Wairarapa_341.JPG

early morning above Taihape

agile_ant_127.JPG

All one needs to know for the day...

2019_Wairarapa_172.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: ant

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Took me a while to find these, and I think it's the same corner.
There was a comment about a track (closed or open, or something), where the red car is in Marty's pic. It's just out of view (to the right) in my second pic..

Sure is the same corner :)
Yo, track to the right up that old quarry.

Some of the best views across north-western Tassie from that carpark....even more stunning from that tiny parking area (about 3 bikes worth) up the top of the gravel track.
Views right up to the coast, into the Tarkine and across to Cradle Mtn. from there.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Goodie climbing the eastern ramp of the Stelvio Pass, Alto Adige, Northern Italy

T2_0946.jpg

The Beemer 650GS twin is the perfect bike for things around here...

T2_0947.jpg

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Sure is the same corner :)
Yo, track to the right up that old quarry.

Some of the best views across north-western Tassie from that carpark....even more stunning from that tiny parking area (about 3 bikes worth) up the top of the gravel track.
Views right up to the coast, into the Tarkine and across to Cradle Mtn. from there.

There were also some pics (in this thread - https://austouring.com/index.php?threads/half-day-northern-tassie-loop.5480/page-4) I took of the XT600 at this location. The pic links are busted, and I can't find the originals, pity as I thought they were pretty good.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
11053166_10153272386332278_2850507135825477501_o_zpsbjpjtv23.jpg

There were also some pics (in this thread - https://austouring.com/index.php?threads/half-day-northern-tassie-loop.5480/page-4) I took of the XT600 at this location. The pic links are busted, and I can't find the originals, pity as I thought they were pretty good.

Just tried to play around with the pic links, but photobucket seems to have changed something. Or even ditched them.
Weren't they going to delete the old accounts after the "grace-period" to make folks sign up for paid hosting?

Top Bottom