First ride .. first post

nev

Super Térrarist
Looking good....and goodonya for giving it a whirl.
Gulgong looks cute....I've only ever seen it on a map.
:chug:

Ohh...one of the pics shows your helmet on the ground/ dirt.

Well, it's your choice to find a good place for it but leaving it on the ground could have consequences.

There's something I was told when I did my learners course all those years ago about where to put your helmet. "It can't fall off the ground" :)

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Another Honda rider, and a gal (although these items can be mutually exclusive, I can feel some smart alec comments coming my way).

Anyway Anna.... keep up enjoying the riding, get plenty of kays under your belt in all sorts of riding conditions and the confidence will just flow. I just hope you don't get a sore jaw from smiling all the time with your new found love.

Gulgong - We've visited there a few times when we had relatives in Mudgee. One time we visited a funny little old world cafe in the main street (Mayne Street perhaps), with weird owners too. The younger kids enjoyed the hamburgers (real ones) and milkshakes. They still talk about it 15 years on. I wonder if it's still there?

A

annastasia

Yeah it's mayne street, I didnt notice your cafe there, it coulda been tho, tucked away amongst all the other closed shops, here's a tip dont go on a monday or tuesday, a lot of the shops didnt seem to be open until wednesday. There is a nice cafe called The Butchers Cafe? I think that was the name, there's one in Mudgee the same. If you want an old fashioned burger and milkshake round here these days it's Dunedoo, the White Rose, complete with dead blowflys in the front window, awsome milkshakes tho. And yeah a few of the ppl round here are a bit wierd to say the least. Wouldn't swap them tho, they keep life interesting :)

Chally

Tour Pro
Great to see you out riding. As others have said just take it easy and it won't take long to get your confidence up. Enjoy the ride!!!

Great photos too. :D

Jeff

A

annastasia

Thanks for all the encouraging replys guys, that's the one thing I've noticed bout this forum, ya's all just seem so damn nice !! And looking at all the pretty pictures just makes me want to do more. Ah well one day at a time :D

TimC

Tour Pro
Hiyo! I moved from Coonabarabran last year down to Melbourne. Still go up that way occasionally to see my mum. When you head to Binnaway, perhaps go via somewhere near Cassilis then Coolah.

I haven't got my GPS tracks handy, but last time I headed south from Coona, I added some waypoints into the GPS from points of interest flagged in the hema motorcycle atlas, and told the GPS to take the shortest routes between them rather than the quickest routes. That way it preferred some lovely little back dirt roads. Mendooran down to Wellington almost entirely on dirt, Wellington to Orange via a small (paved) twisty little highway. Mudgee to Hillend is hell of a lot of fun for a learner (I did it frequently on my L's :), not dirt anymore.

Ilford to Sofala if you're ever going to Sydney. Dubbo to Mendooran (to avoid the highway) to Coonabarabran to Siding Spring (visit all the bikers who work there. Say hi to Wayne for me, and grab one of his wines to take back home :) then through the national park, back down to Tooraweenah then back home avoiding the highway again.

Just don't get me started on NSW L plate 80km/h speed limits. Out there in the middle of nowhere, I was sticking to 80km/h indicated (in NSW, a single speeding offence is worth more points than you have available on L's). Then I found out that the suzuki read 10km/h faster than I was really going. So the cars were legally overtaking me with 40km/h differences, and of course most people were actually double my speed. Not safe for anyone. No such limit applies to Victoria (little did I know this when I travelled to Vic on my P's).

roscoau

Got a bit on the side
I already had a bee hitchike inside my visor on the highway, and when I tried to shake him by lifting the visor he just got annoyed and moved to my glasses.

Ooo, not funny... I had a bee get caught between my glasses and eyebrow years ago. It did NOT have a pleasant ending...

A

annastasia

Dubbo to Mendooran (to avoid the highway) to Coonabarabran to Siding Spring (visit all the bikers who work there. Say hi to Wayne for me, and grab one of his wines to take back home :) then through the national park, back down to Tooraweenah then back home avoiding the highway again.

Dubbo to Coona is one of those trips I've got planned, hubby has a lot of work up there, just have to wait til he's going on one of my days off ... looks like a good trip thanks Tim

Ooo, not funny... I had a bee get caught between my glasses and eyebrow years ago. It did NOT have a pleasant ending...

OUCH :eek:

Top Bottom