[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Snow in November, heading to Omeo. Took a good hour or two to dry some of the clothes in the pub.
View attachment 195
View attachment 196

Now that does not very pleasant all all.

We had a ride to Omeo in May '18, nice day at Bright but weather turned nasty as we headed up the hill, struck some black ice in the shadow of the hills, wasn't very pleasant on the ST1300 with pillion. I'm guessing you would have had some slippery moments.

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
I still remember that day in NZ like it was yesterday. Start the morning with the ride up Danseys Pass to the Danseys Pass hotel. A flat tyre on the BMW in Naseby. Lunch in a park in Alexandra, the easy farm lands and billabongs followed by the rough section of Dunstans' Track, and completing with a lifetime of stories about the Clarkes Junction Hotel.
And then that sunrise the next day... And then the sheep truck.... And then...

zol.

bazmeg
Now that does not very pleasant all all.

We had a ride to Omeo in May '18, nice day at Bright but weather turned nasty as we headed up the hill, struck some black ice in the shadow of the hills, wasn't very pleasant on the ST1300 with pillion. I'm guessing you would have had some slippery moments.
Thumbs were pretty numb, I'd do it again in a heart beat >>;] I did manage to spot some prescription glasses on the road just before the tunnel which turned out to be my mates.
Hotham in November does that! :)
4 bikes down and counting....
Swimming in the jox....drying gear in ovens, over toaster-slots and with hairdryers in the overnight cabins.
It took us by surprise as we watched snow covered cars heading towards us leaving Hotham.

Dr.Shifty

Just through the door
Open to the public? You'll need to tell us where that is located.

Unfortunately, not open to the public - unless they do the occasional thing with clubs etc. The owner is the guy who owns the commercial shipping into Tassie but I forget his name. His son is a racing driver in Supercars and Nascar. A guy in one of the groups of mates I sometimes ride Tassie with is related somehow and he fixed up the visit for us.

PS. Look closely at the quarter vent on the red Ferrari - it's signed by Nicki Lauder. Most of the helmets in the showcase are from WSBK and MotoGP winners. In the lounge upstairs from the bikes there is a Bruce Springsteen guitar. The collector guy has some serious names scattered through it all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom