Nowra to Geelong

W

wobbler

farawayman said:
A great repot Glitch, Thanks. Wish i had more time to read the other parts. That will have to wait for another day.

Whats the chance of a map showing the roads you did? Just for future refrence you know. Have to get over that ditch to ride some NZ roads.

Glad you enjoyed it :)
As we took quite a few "off the beaten track" roads, no map fitting a comp screen will do the trick.
But since we're not that far apart... ;) :)

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
What a bewdy :D :D
Thanks for the pics, too.
Which way from Corryong to Omeo?
Via Nariel and Uplands/ Benambra (has Lake Omeo got any water now?) or Omeo Hwy through Mitta Mitta/ Blue Cow, then those crazy twisties to Omeo?
Bummer the camera quit for a while, those pics look sweet.
Nowra/ Nerriga/ Braidwood/Jerangle/ Numeralla?....always wanted to do that

cheers
pete

W

wobbler

The nariel way. It was a bit rough but the 9fiddy ate it up.

Yes that was the way I went from Nowra. It was a bit slippery but fun all the same

All I have to do now is work out the way home.

At the moment The Grand Ridge Rd, Bonang Hwy and Mt Imlay road then up the princes seems to be the way to go.

I rode the barry way a few years ago but woudln't mind doing it again

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Admin edit:

Sorry for the mixup, here the original post/ thread-starter!!

Rode my new KTM from Nowra down to Geelong on Wednesday and Thursday.

Had a mix of weather from sunshine ;D to pouring rain :'(

I rode straight from Nowra to Cooma on a mix of dirt and tar

ktm-adventure-05-bikepics-542223.jpg

Then the alpine way through to Corryong

ktm-adventure-05-bikepics-542228.jpg

The weather was closing in around Corryong but I thought I would make a break for Omeo. It rained a bit on the tar but dried out for the dirt section, where my camera decided to stop working.

At Omeo it started to rain but I thought it was going to clear, I was wrong :mad:

I pulled into dinner plain and rugged up a bit then carried on through a very wet cold and foggy Mt Hotham and into Bright.

732kms for the day and I felt pretty good, even though I was wet.

The rain set in again in the morning so I just went down the Hume to Geelong. My camera started working again too

ktm-adventure-05-bikepics-542229.jpg

W

wobbler

Thanks for that.

I had a quick look after posting my geelong to nowra one and noticed it was missing

R

roarin

Whats the longest distance between petrol stations out that way? What sort of fuel range would one need to be comfortable out on those dirt roads? Cheers.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
roarin said:
Whats the longest distance between petrol stations out that way? What sort of fuel range would one need to be comfortable out on those dirt roads? Cheers.

Man, you'll need a trailer/tanker (a 2. one...after the beer-barrel) behind the KTM.
Roarins Roadtrain... :D :D

W

wobbler

Longest distance I rode was 200km seeing fuel.

Even though I fuelled up after about 360km and still had 4litres left.

Nowra to Cooma is only around 210km and you go through Braidwood about half way along

R

roarin

Cool, thanks for that. Just wondering what size tank to go for on my 625 SXC. There is a 13, 18 & the 25? litre available. The 18 litre is looking like it may be the best compromise in range/weight. That should get me pretty close to the 300km mark. I like to travel light & quick :lol: :lol: Some of those back roads sound pretty darn interesting :D
Getting a pretty bad itch to do some exploring out the back of Mansfield/Omeo/Dargo/Licola etc. Sounds like you had fun. Cheers Andrew

W

wobbler

I had the 12litre tank on my 640 motard and would get around 220kms if I really pushed it.

I would go for the 18litre tank as its not as big and bulky as the 25.

You will need to change the seat with either of these tanks on the SXC

Top Bottom