Wye River 45 years on

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Decided to re-visit Wye River 45 years after the first. Have been back a many times in between, will probably go back again.

Things have changed, the pub is catering for the Hipster Set very well, I felt out of touch without a sleeveless puffy jacket, a man bun or being able to stand at the urinal and text with my free hand. Well of course that's because I need two hands to take care of business

Martin and one of his mates joined us, and look who showed up.

The old Wye Valley camp ground is now a BIG 4 and has increased the rates to go with it - around $55 / $63 for an unpowered / powered site. At least the grass was green and lush.

The pub also knows how to charge for drinks and a meal. I have a theory, the Geelong TAFE (or equivalent), like in Tassie and NZ, has a course on How to Charge Tourists, and they have all passed the course with flying colours.

Just ask Doug, he thought he might need to sell the XT to pay for his entre size main course of grilled Baramundi.

The beers were cold and plentiful though.

Last edited:

dougman1

Part of the furniture
Before I went to Wye River, I had a 15 min ride on one of these.

It was a hoot of a thing, and I'm sure many folk will purchase.

Not me though, I've got an XT 660 to wear out first

20200222_121045_heic-XL.jpg

Wye river is a cool little settlement along the Great Ocean Road.

Here's a view from the Pub.

20200222_181736_heic-XL.jpg

The campground was a bit posh for us really

20200223_092213_heic-XL.jpg

20200222_165330_heic-X2.jpg

Typically, the evening started well. And now I have to go back there to remember what it's like. :scull:

20200222_174753_heic-X2.jpg

Only I could see the fog rolling in at Lorne the next morning....:sick:

20200223_110850_heic-X2.jpg

Nice to get out and about though, it was a cracker weekend! :chug:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
.... pub.. Hipster....I felt out of touch without a sleeveless puffy jacket, a man bun or being able to stand at the urinal and text with my free hand.

Arghh, c'mon.... that rainbow-coloured mankini goes above and beyond!! :thumbs:

IMG_1380_zpsfjuuw047.jpg

Top Bottom