2016_Frosty Frolic_Tungamah

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Cold the night before, even colder come morning.

Well, it is called the Frosty Frolic....:killingme

P1070322-X2.jpg

P1070321-X2.jpg

P1070319-X2.jpg

P1070320-X2.jpg

P1070324-X2.jpg

I think everyone was surprised when all bikes started :clap:

Ant's gone all Dakar :so

P1070327-X2.jpg

Sir Francis

Displaced person
First we rode around the Warby Ranges.

P1070328-X2.jpg

Then into them.

P1070331-X2.jpg

A short walk.

P1070334-X2.jpg

P1070333-X2.jpg

On the back way into Glenrowan we found a brewery www.blackdogbrewery.com.au

Looks like we need another visit north :whistle:

Under the Hume and onto Moyhu.

P1070335-X2.jpg

Fantastic coffee and killer sausage rolls :clap:

P1070338-X2.jpg

The group split after morning tea. Roadies, Mudders, Benalla and Myrtle.

Thanks to Colin and Glitch for leading the Roadies and Mudders into and out of Melbs.

Trip distance: 700km estimated (my speed broke mid morning Sunday).

John_Johnny

Long Timer
Cold the night before, even colder come morning.

Well, it is called the Frosty Frolic....:killingme

Hey! You guys got to wait inside the warm pub while your bikes defrosted. Johnny and I had to start riding a 8am to reach you before you departed at 9. We froze! It was below zero. From Tungamah onwards it was wayyy warmer.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Post ride:

I stopped at Milawa Cheese on way back to the treehouse.

O'man, the goats camembert and washed rind :slobb

I left significantly poorer but wealthy in cheese.

The afternoon was too good to sit at home so I fired up the Tiger and went for a shorty explore.

P1070343-X2.jpg

P1070347-X2.jpg

P1070352-X2.jpg

P1070349-X2.jpg

John_Johnny

Long Timer

Warby Ranges lookout. Faz gave Johnny a bag of lollies to pass around.

We skipped over the top of Thoona (Drat!) and meandered through the North side of the Warbies into Wangaratta, then back up to the lookout on the South side of the Warbies. These loops are well know to local bikies as evidenced by the 3 massive signs showing motorcycles skidding out of control and warnings to stay on your own side of the road. After you do the Warbies loop it's across to the Taminick Gap for another lot of even steeper twisties winding up to another lookout then down into the big BP/McDonalds service center at Glenrowan. En route we passed within 11km of Thoona again. (Double drat.) We gotta go there thoona or later!
As we approached the turnoff to Taminick Gap, the leaders sailed on by. Well Sir Frank did suggest that I should lead that section if I knew the way. Sorry.
Anyway, we went straight through Glenrowan, 1km South of the service centre and onto Moyhu. That's when I realised everyone else was fine for fuel but I'd added 120km with the overnight return trip to Benalla. Luckily the General Store at Moyhu had 91 unleaded. Mind you, the lady had to come out and unlock the bowser, then on top of the 138.9c a litre added $1.50 for a credit card surcharge. Never mind, she gave me the Sunday paper for nix.

The sausage roll was so big I cut it in half.

The cafe at Moyhu was awesome with great cappuccino and the sausage rolls were diabolical! Plus FREE sauce. A squeeze bottle on the counter....as it should be.

John_Johnny

Long Timer

Now squeeze that clutch in. Turn the key. Wait while the computer does its thing. Press the red button. Now turn the throttle. NO! The other way. Whoa! Too far!!!! Lol! 😃

See the guy with his kid across the road? Way younger than Johnny. We introduced ourselves and grabbed Glitch as he was passing by to get an austouring card for him. He said he would love to get into a group for some rides, so if you read this Mark, we'd love to have you aboard this great forum. Now Sir Frank has moved to Myrtleford, we need some more country members to join us. :thumbs:

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture

Warby Ranges lookout. Faz gave Johnny a bag of lollies to pass around.

We skipped over the top of Thoona (Drat!) and meandered through the North side of the Warbies into Wangaratta, then back up to the lookout on the South side of the Warbies. These loops are well know to local bikies as evidenced by the 3 massive signs showing motorcycles skidding out of control and warnings to stay on your own side of the road. After you do the Warbies loop it's across to the Taminick Gap for another lot of even steeper twisties winding up to another lookout then down into the big BP/McDonalds service center at Glenrowan. En route we passed within 11km of Thoona again. (Double drat.) We gotta go there thoona or later!
As we approached the turnoff to Taminick Gap, the leaders sailed on by. Well Sir Frank did suggest that I should lead that section if I knew the way. Sorry.
Anyway, we went straight through Glenrowan, 1km South of the service centre and onto Moyhu. That's when I realised everyone else was fine for fuel but I'd added 120km with the overnight return trip to Benalla. Luckily the General Store at Moyhu had 91 unleaded. Mind you, the lady had to come out and unlock the bowser, then on top of the 138.9c a litre added $1.50 for a credit card surcharge. Never mind, she gave me the Sunday paper for nix.

The sausage roll was so big I cut it in half.

The cafe at Moyhu was awesome with great cappuccino and the sausage rolls were diabolical! Plus FREE sauce. A squeeze bottle on the counter....as it should be.

:wow: Thats not a roll...ITS a LOG!!:glu

John_Johnny

Long Timer

Lisa teaching Johnny the ropes.

Looking towards Myrrhee from Greta.

After Moyhu we headed home via Greta and Molyullah. This is roughly where Ned Kelly is now buried. They recently dug him up from Pentridge and put him in a grave beside his mother's house. They try to keep the exact location secret but most locals know where it is. There's not much left of the house as it's been ratted through by souvenir hunters. Only a matter of time before someone digs up Ned to get a dna sample.

Top Bottom