Had a little ride today with Squizzy!

Moyston

Getting the hang of this.
no this weekend is supposed to be nice on a the saturday...

yes a grips went well..only a few little tip bits to the fingers were cold...but not a huge prob!

if its good..id love to go early and go see big river road and whats that like...

Captn Spock

Ride along and prosper
Staff member
be careful around Big River road this time of the year. Fuzzy and Ant were up there not too long ago. It wasnt too great from memory but then again they were on bigger bikes than you

zol.

bazmeg
no this weekend is supposed to be nice on a the saturday...

yes a grips went well..only a few little tip bits to the fingers were cold...but not a huge prob!

if its good..id love to go early and go see big river road and whats that like...

I just want some puddles! :glu

...and test the off roadness of the A3's!

TimC

Tour Pro
Unorganised ones can be some of the best ones! :)
I might check out the snow this weekend then. Snow will go well with my colour coded bike.

Hmmm. I haven't yet seen the snow on the moto (have on the pushy, and it was *fecking* cold), and I'm not on call this coming weekend....

zol.

bazmeg
^ ^ ^
he he, first time for everything eh!

How rocky is big river rd? any pics? is it like wombat state forest where you have large rocks in the ground or smaller loose ones? I briefly flicked through Fuzzy's vid, looks good.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
^ ^ ^
he he, first time for everything eh!

How rocky is big river rd? any pics? is it like wombat state forest where you have large rocks in the ground or smaller loose ones? I briefly flicked through Fuzzy's vid, looks good.

I went their in Jan and it was fine. The steep narrow section was (small) rocky and a bit hairy but not too bad. When I went there with Ant, rains has cause cliff face erosion and that section was littered with baby head size rocks and brown moments aplenty. :eek:

Most of the road itself is wide and fast. About a third of it from about halfway (25 mile creek) to Enoch's point is double track and quite steep in parts.

Squizzy

Long Timer
Went for a ride to Jamieson a few weeks ago, as usual did not make up my mind till the morning so left a bit late, Healesville at 10. Went via Eildon Warburton road which branches off the Big River Road a few ks in. Nice ride, nowhere near as rough as BRR. Probably better choice for this time of the year, for me anyway. Came home via Woods Point and Matlock. Rained most of the way home, but still fun. Plenty of dirt. Got home about 5.30/ 350k. No photos as I had my new camera set on video! Lots of nice 10 sec videos.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom