A new kind of Adventure

dougman1

Part of the furniture
You kinda know, when you set out in the morning with freshly dispensed notes, that the bike you are enquiring about, is yours. Even if you haven't set eyes on it.
And no...I didn't buy the train! :bs

20170909_113743-XL.jpg

3 hours later I arrived in Wangaratta. Sir Francis was there to collect me and after a short drive to Myrtleford, I soon had my butt planted on this little beauty.

20170916_134743-XL.jpg

After a 30 min test ride, and then being plied with wine and beer and wine... I parted with the freshly dispensed notes, and declared to Vic Roads that I'd now be paying the rego on this bike.

The next day the Old Boys from Myrtleford accompanied me to Mansfield for lunch. And then I rode into Melbourne alone.
Well I really followed them, as I didn't see them until Mansfield...:thumbs:

20170910_110727-XL.jpg

Will it fit through the gate? (Thankfully yes)

line_1505021447468-L.jpg

The next weekend was a chance to check it out properly.

A BMW club ride, which was a totally new experience for me..

20170917_114055-XL.jpg

See it does go off road...:woot:
20170917_134822-L.jpg

A stop a the Gladysdale bakery rounds off the day!

20170917_140644-L.jpg

The Jury is in, It's a great machine.

See ya's out there! :chug:

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Nice ride Doug.

:clap:

A BMW club ride, which was a totally new experience for me..

20170917_114055-XL.jpg

Are you sure you were not riding with imposters? The real BMW club wouldn't stop for a coffee at the Yarragon Milk Bar and Take Away.

:whistle:

All you gotta do now is to source a trailer and tow hitch.

:bees:

twowheeler

two wheels are best
Doug you're not allowed to ride a boxer with such a lairy helmet. It lowers the standard we're trying to set.

nev

Super Térrarist
Ahhh the good old BMW club rides. Went on one of those once. Half of the group were lost within 50 metres of leaving the start point (No, I am not exaggerating), and the slowest rider in the bunch (he was fast on the straights but couldn't take a bend to save his life) lead the group up Mt Baw Baw, resulting in a dangerous concertina effect on every corner.

Congrats on the new (to you) wheels Doug. Enjoy!

dougman1

Part of the furniture
Ahhh the good old BMW club rides. Went on one of those once. Half of the group were lost within 50 metres of leaving the start point (No, I am not exaggerating), and the slowest rider in the bunch (he was fast on the straights but couldn't take a bend to save his life) lead the group up Mt Baw Baw, resulting in a dangerous concertina effect on every corner.

Congrats on the new (to you) wheels Doug. Enjoy!

When one of the GS riders, with wife as a pillion starts chucking it from side to side on the straights, :doh: like he's warming up the tyres for race day.
My interest starts to wane.

The sensible thing to do is get as close to ride leader as possible so you don't have to watch whats going on behind. :)

dougman1

Part of the furniture
Doug you're not allowed to ride a boxer with such a lairy helmet. It lowers the standard we're trying to set.

I thought it looks wonderful. :bt

Big plus too as it doesn't clash with my hi -vis BMW vest. :looney:

Isn't a high- vis vest mandatory?

Top Bottom