Solo trippin' on a Buell Ulysses...WARNING, loads of pics...

farawayman

Long Timer
glitch said:
Marty H said:
thats it!!!

Im mounting my camera to my bike...

I was think of putting some sort of timer on it so it would take a photo every 5 mins but also have a trigger to take a photo when I wanted it, A couple of gigs of cards and bob's your uncle

zrex1100, what camera mount do you use?

Marty

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THIS is funny. Went to Croydon Camera House this morning, trying to find something like i've seen in Dave's pics here.....NOTHING in the "pod" section :cry: :cry: , but came away with a $15 tripod I'll have to hack and mod and stuff around with. I'll get it going, but it'll be a while.

Checked Ebay yesterday, again no luck.
Would be best to have something adjustable to quickly mount to the bars of any bike (with bars/ not clip-ons)....

Thought about it years ago :p
cammount.jpg

The screen usually has too many bugs on it and is a bit thick and old (discoloured) to get a decent picture through.

Will have to rethink it :roll:

Hytram

<-- now went that way
farawayman said:
The screen usually has too many bugs on it and is a bit thick and old (discoloured) to get a decent picture through.

Will have to rethink it :roll:

hole saw?

mh

Clancy

Just through the door
Dave,
That was a brilliant report. Thanks for sharing it. If you get to do any touring around Virginia, you'd better share it with us too. Spent a little time there a while ago, and around Georgia and North Carolina, and loved that part of the U.S.

farawayman

Long Timer
Marty H said:
hole saw?
mh

Electric screen would have to cut a slot from the top to bottom. It might fall in half then, don’t know why :?:

And it does come handy when it gets wet and cold :roll:

farawayman

Long Timer
glitch said:
That's the friggin space-shuttle !! :shock: :shock:
Holy Cow what a cockpit!!
What sorta fork-springs ya runnin'? Star-posts? :lol: :lol:

Don’t knock the old star posts. Had a bit of trouble with the fork seals though, didn’t seem to fit. Had to change the rake just a bit to get the right flex going otherwise it was bit harsh. Front wheel is no longer round, tyres are hard to fit and doesn’t fall into corners anymore just falls over don’t know why, O and tyres don’t last long.
I’m looking for a site on the internet that might help me, if you know of on :?:

:p :p

T

tonye

glitch said:
Would be best to have something adjustable to quickly mount to the bars of any bike (with bars/ not clip-ons)....

I've got a mate who has a mount that works well, mounts to his R1100R Beemer, I'll chase it down for you.

L

lady-rider

zrex1100 said:
I'd like to say a hearty Thank You to everyone I met along the way who made my life richer just by your acquaintance. Everyone in this report, whether I met you out on the road, or here in the forums, including ADVRider, BadWeatherBikers, or AusTouring.com, I'm humbled by your generous comments regarding the report and photos.

I hope to see everyone of you out there someday.

Dave

Dave Thank You
i totally looked forward to your next round of photos
and report as to where you took them

You ARE an inspiration to many that have an illness(diabetic)
and a bike passion
(we bought our 6th bike on saturday>dont tell me bikes arnt addictive :lol: )

I am just an Aussie woman that is Very Proud of you and Your Understanding wife

I am now off to see my mother whom is in hospital as i write this
haveing major hip surgery and she is diabetic as well

Oh Dave
a
PS
so does this mean
>I hope to see everyone of you out there someday<

your coming to Australia for a visit :D

Regard's
Joanne

FondaHonda

Getting the hang of it
Excellent ride report...

What a fantastic and inspirational ride report!

I was hooked from start to finish. So many excellent photos and a great story to accompany them. If reading that report and viewing those beautiful photos doesn't make you want to do that same ride..then maybe you are on the wrong site!

I am so inspired...I could even consider looking at a Buell as a next bike...think of all the advantages...after all it is a big twin...annnnd...it isn't a Suzuki...What more could you want?? All the criteria for a decent bike :D

What do you think Pete? Maybe you want one too??

Great stuff...How much is a return trip to the ol' USA...Buell hire and a good map...could be better option than South Africa...2008?

Are you there, Pete???

Top Bottom