Tassie ADV Rider's Hub NW Safari

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Over the weekend I went for a 2 day ride led by Jason (Windy Rider) organised through a Facebook group. I'll post up a proper ride report after I work out where the heck we actually went!

http://s379.photobucket.com/user/robbieb83/slideshow/2014 Tas ADV Riders Hub NW Safari

Started with 13, down to 12 during the first day, dwindling down to about half a dozen by the end due to breakdowns of BMWs and KLRs and retirees due to work, life and family commitments. A great weekend despite the pissing rain on Sunday, great hosting by Jason for the night in his man cave, and some bits of Tassie I hadn't yet seen, and others that I went to but am still yet to see.... You'll find out if you look at the pics!

Route for the 2 days, taken using Route Converter

Last edited:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Sounds promising

bigear.jpg

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Day 1:

Starting in Beaconsfield on a rather cool morning for the meetup with the group, 13 riders all up, the first stop was intended to be Badger's Head. That was until I realised I had left my phone at home, so went back the 40km round trip back to get it whilst the group completed the intended leg. I met back up with them at York Town, and we headed up over the Asbestos Range, then back through the forestry tracks of the Dazzler Range to the Frankford Highway. Quick spurt south on that to Dolerite Road and winding our way through the tracks and roads until we reached Deloraine for lunch

Watched a train go over the bridge

Heading South towards Westbury, we turned off and up through past Liffey Falls, Golden Valley, then a stop by the Meander River

All dirt roads through to Railton

Then off into the forestry roads again, to find some Power Line tracks, and you all know how much everyone loves power lines, especially me!

Up that little hill to the right, and the leaders discovered a locked gate and turned back, not realising there was a gap in the fence, so we came back the same way

Then on the tart back through Forth, the rain started to mist on us, and we made it back to Hotel Windy before the worst of it. Beers, BBQ, Monster trucks on the telly, shooting shit, and somehow managed to make it to 10pm, though all of us probably could have crashed much, much earlier... tbc

Top Bottom