[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
Re: Marlborough Man

Out the back of Lorne VIC, circa mid 80's.

:clap: love it!
By the looks on their faces they could be thinking "Yeah, that cant be right...."
(whats the mystery bike behind the ER185?)

I remember ER185s' lined up at a local dealers new for $1995 ride away
probably very late 80s'? or early 90s,? even then, I couldnt believe they were still flogging off such an old model...

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Re: Marlborough Man

.... they could be thinking "Yeah, that cant be right...."

The bloke on our left was (is?) Dave Parker, he was a dopey sort of plick, he's probably thinking, "Doh! Whatever! Yeah, I can get up that hill."

Marlborough Man, on our right (shall remain nameless for now, at least until Johnny Mecanno guesses) was probably thinking, "You call that a hill? Piece of p155 ......"

.... (what's the mystery bike behind the ER185?)....

Marlborough Man was on the Honda, Dave on a Yamaha, me on the (borrowed) ER.

.... I remember ER185s' lined up at a local dealers new for $1995 ride away probably very late 80s'? or early 90s,? even then, I couldn't believe they were still flogging off such an old model...

I had a Suzuki TS185 in the seventies .......

The TS185 I bought from a bloke in Glenroy VIC in 1973 for $250 (he threw a helmet and gloves, still have the gloves). It was good, reliable and bullet-proof, but not sure if I would buy one again. Although if I could get one as clean for the same price........

Had the engine seize half-way between Mackay and Eimeo, ran out of oil, rear wheel locked, skidded to a halt, pushed it a couple of km to a farm, hitched a ride to Mackay, picked up the PV, went back to farm, farmer had put some oil in, turn donk over, lubed the cylinder, started the engine for me. He would not accept any reward, gave me a lecture about not looking after the bike.

Happened again when it was pinched in Cairns, thieving prick left it on the side of the road with the engine seized. Best part was it ran better after each seizure.

Traded it for $250 on a $1,000 CB400F Super Sport in 1976.

John_Johnny

Long Timer
That shaggin' wagon is cool Mick. I always wanted one. Where are the curtains?
The Marlborough Man is tricky dicky.

edit. For those who may not know, Willo was Mick in the '80s.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
A Scene from "Dads Army" ? :bs

Oh man...I know EXACTLY where that is!
:chug:

gippy35.JPG

Twas a great day out and about...:clap:

gippy51.JPG

And here's the yarn to go with the other Gippy pic!

6861311377_f883d9afc1_b.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I,m continually amazed at the quality of many of the pictures put up here, :glu:clap: at LEAST equal to, and often better than what I and many pay $$ for to see in print..
Great stuff! :D:clap:

I second that!!
The amount and variety of outstanding photography around here is often baffling. Particularly when considering the small size of the AT-mob and that this is a bike/ travel forum rather than a gang of photo-nerds.
It's a joy to flip the pages here and ALWAYS find plenty of material to stare at open-mouthed....thanks to all!!:clap::clap:

We should have a photo comp Glitch.

Pick a dozen or so and put them in a poll.

The 2017 Austouring calendar. All you need is 12 pictures of the correct resolution and set up a calendar template on one of the numerous sites that do prints and if you pick the right site anybody who wants one could just log onto the site and get their own one printed. Worst case a bulk order for distribution at the Christmas lunch.

Top Bottom