Autumn_Pizza

twowheeler

two wheels are best
The old Wandin East Primary School (1916-1991)

autumn16_43.JPG

Jeff Kennett's school closures in the early nineties put that one on the market. I remember because Silvan South Primary School, at the bottom of Link Rd, was also sold. Buildings and 5 acres of the best red soil you'll ever see went for $189k, a bloody bargain even then.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
:( I can only get 3 images out of the 2 pages... my "F5" key is smoking!
Sob, :(

I'm on my way....doing something I haven't got a clue about.
Just started upping 4gig of pics manually to the new server before cutting across.

Jeff Kennett's school closures in the early nineties put that one on the market. I remember because Silvan South Primary School, at the bottom of Link Rd, was also sold. Buildings and 5 acres of the best red soil you'll ever see went for $189k, a bloody bargain even then.

?? Never knew there was another school there...and the soil sure is red around there, so red... it's rusty!:)
There's a lot of little sites around that used to be this-or-that, from various, small churches/ chapels of the local Italians, Dutch, Greek, Hungarians etc. to community halls, overgrown tennis courts from the 20s+30s, outdoors chess courts, a Russian distillery out the back of Yellingbo, the leftovers of a substantial former Clydesdale stud that bred horses for the timber railways of the Warby/ Noojee/ Woods Point areas... and all sorts of other stuff.
The more I dig, the better it gets. :drool:

asphalt

Tassie...where tyres are flat and nights are long
Nice Roads and Paths over there.....:drool:
I belive to know. where some of these places are..... Maybe.
Thanks for sharing Your autumn impressions-

With many Greetings from Vienna
Hans

Top Bottom