Frozen Fizzy

G

Gnomad

Ok guys, first thing, let me say that a Fizzy here in the US is not what you guys might think-think Fazer, Yamaha FZ1, not one the FS1E's you UK guys rode when you were mere sprogs. I bought this Fizzy from a local rider for an ridiculous price, minus the keys whcih he lost. Well, I figured that it hasd to run, it's aYamaha, right? Bought the bike, had to carry it home.

f5cb7b2dd032c582118d6c1f5bdce75e_e3c.jpg

AHHH! What's that thing in the rear view mirror!!! :wow:

5d452590751b461c78b0e907d0fd6562_e3c.jpg

Ahhh. It's a fizzy! I can handle that, eh?

OK, a set of keys and a new battery later, plus the usual legal nicities, and it's time to grip it an rip it. And what a rip it is, if you give it half a chance.

8d803da9d7200423d32abc9f1be264d4_c58.jpg

Just past Kings River on the Glenn Highway, there is an old trappers cabin perilously perched on the banks of the Matanuska River. Over the last couple years the cabin has deteriorated quite a bit, I expect it to be gone within a couple years. The river is gnawing at the bank relentelessly.

27a247bdab28f01fed27390f269122a0_c58.jpg

The Matanuska River.

c6fa1a528e23cdf51327acd884fb5a6d_c58.jpg

This is from the Purinton Creek Trailhaed. If you have the proper bike (not an FZ1 :whistle: ) you can follow this trail well back into the woods, we went huinting back there one time and encountered 4 brown bears, nio bears today. :bees:

edc019c5c8bd668a9791cef8639cfc1a_c58.jpg

Long Lake, along the Glenn Highway in southcentral Alaska. Fall colors, it'll be winter soon enough!

40f2f12585aa3d7e4ec05b43e162d0b9_c58.jpg

So there's a ride in the cold. Temps ranged from the low 40's F to right about freezing, it was a chilling ride, but a dar nscenic one. In a way, this is my favorite time to ride-hardly any bugs and the air is so clear.

nev

Super Térrarist
yikes.. buying a bike with no keys... that just screams stolen bike. Most people would run a mile.

I looked at the FZ1 about 6 years ago when I was bike shopping, but the look of the mirrors really turned me off... looked like a praying mantis. ANyhow.. good luck with that one. That's a Corbin seat is it ?

S

Stromer

Awesome pictures :clap:
and the bears :wow:

I love the FZ1!! congrats on your new bike

we have a simular shot of the VStrom on a small bike trailer which was attached to our small car, a Holden Astra, and the Strom looked bigger then the car , certainly got some looks, and it too felt like a bug alien was looking in the back window :bs

look forward to seeing more ride reports from your end of the world.

Tracey

H

hang on

nice one! beautiful pics!:clap:. bit cold though eh, i'd be wrapped like the michelin man.

Top Bottom