AusTouring.com  

Go Back   AusTouring.com > General Viewing > Out and About
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 13-01-2007, 08:13 PM   #36
gco0307

Thanks for the yarn and pics as for me, it is this type of adventure that epitomises what motorcycling is all about.

Some of those roads and tracks look like they would be a lot of fun to take the Strom through and this story has really given me some ideas so again, thanks for the great yarn

Garry
Old 13-01-2007, 09:54 PM   #37
glitch
Mapping the next ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gco0307
Thanks for the yarn and pics as for me, it is this type of adventure that epitomises what motorcycling is all about.

Some of those roads and tracks look like they would be a lot of fun to take the Strom through and this story has really given me some ideas so again, thanks for the great yarn

Garry
Garry
ALL of those roads are a ripper...pretty much regardless of bike. The only stretch I wouldn't take the Strom would be that last stretch of the last day..."the rough bit"....and the following downhiller.
That really was 4WD stuff/ MX-country (and for someone who knows what they're doing, we really were lucky there to not come off).
Old 14-12-2007, 09:16 PM   #38
julian

Default Re: !!! WE DELIVER !!!!

Hi Pete,
thanks for sending me these postie links of yours, great again. How fast are you two travelling with all that gear?
I will have to convince my son to do this type of trip over here in the west.
So you do this type of trip here and then go to Europe and get on big bikes to do the alps, I doubt I could handle the big bikes, only been riding 18 months tho!
regards
Julian :-)
Old 15-12-2007, 09:12 AM   #39
glitch
Mapping the next ride...

Default Re: !!! WE DELIVER !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian View Post
Hi Pete,
thanks for sending me these postie links of yours, great again. How fast are you two travelling with all that gear?
I will have to convince my son to do this type of trip over here in the west.
So you do this type of trip here and then go to Europe and get on big bikes to do the alps, I doubt I could handle the big bikes, only been riding 18 months tho!
regards
Julian :-)
Hi mate
On that trip we managed around the 35-40km/hr averaged...which includes the dirt/ loads of photostops, all the long hills.... 6hrs on the road came to around 200-250km.
Then we squandered time off the bike in between, walking short bits here and there.....an 8/9hr day came to about 230-300km give/ take a bit.
Not much less than what we'd do when on the bigger bikes.

We do all sorts of trips here, hit the search button and check the "out and about" section.

The posties are currently unregistered, but will get re-activated shortly to be readied for the Cape-York ride.

Usually we ride those bikes:
http://www.austouring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=910
http://www.austouring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1247

and this one's the next project:
http://www.austouring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1448
(just for fun and the challenge of doing it, no idea what we'll do with the bike yet once it's finished)

Apart from that , we ride just about anything with 2 wheels, given the chance...