across the morvan

MooN

Tour Pro
been struggling with "sorearsesyndrome" for a while now on the tralp & have bought an airhawk in an attempt to alleviate the problem. I needed to try it out over a slightly longer trip than the usual hour or so.

Unfortunately the camera ran out of battery at the first photo opportunity so I just got a couple with the phone. having since dropped the phone & had to reformat the sim card I have lost those few as well.:eek:

Starting to look like a really interesting ride report innit?:???:

anyway here's the route, that way you can switch it to satellite mode & see pretty much what I saw (though less green cos it all seems to have been photo'd during winter or autumn...)

I still can't make this work properly so you'll have to follow the link..

http://goo.gl/maps/sEJx2

MooN

Tour Pro
'bout 350k in all taking me right across the Morvan parc from north to south, taking in the best bits of biking road for miles around, namely the stretch from Planchez to Chateau Chinon with a density of bends unrivalled in the area :glufollowed by Chateau Chinon to Autun with its series of loong fast sweepers & excellent surface.:thumbs:

Charollais steak in Autun for lunch:slobb

& then a ride back on some smaller backroads via the archeodrome at Bibracte
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibracte Chateau chinon again & home via vezelay & Chatel Censoir along some of my favorite local roads.

So, only 350k but, more to the point over 5 hours saddle time with a couple of 2hour stretches with only minor discomfort which is a big improvement as previously I had to stop every 40 minutes or so & hobble around for 5 minutes. I still hobble around from time to time but that's arthritis more than "sorearsesyndrome". So, Airhawk is a winner for me. It's not a miracle cure, but it's a big improvement.

:thumbs:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

Williamson

Part of the furniture
"If at first you don't succeed ....."

Just take another lap, this time take a spare camera battery, and a spare mobile 'phone and get us some juicy pics or those juicy roads.

MooN

Tour Pro
"If at first you don't succeed ....."

Just take another lap, this time take a spare camera battery, and a spare mobile 'phone and get us some juicy pics or those juicy roads.

with great pleasure...:so

now, if you'd just like to write a note to madame Moon explaining why i've handed all 3 kids to the childminder for the whole day, i'll be off...

:whistle:

Williamson

Part of the furniture
...... write a note to madame Moon ......

I can write a note, dunno what good it will do you, they've never helped me.

Just do it, it's easier to ask for forgiveness, than ask for permission. And while you're at it take a night or two. You know you will be in the shyte, it's only a matter of how deep!

Oh, what's that??? Yes dear, of course dear, coming dear ......

MooN

Tour Pro
I can write a note, dunno what good it will do you, they've never helped me.

Just do it, it's easier to ask for forgiveness, than ask for permission. And while you're at it take a night or two. You know you will be in the shyte, it's only a matter of how deep!

Oh, what's that??? Yes dear, of course dear, coming dear ......

:killingme

Top Bottom