10,200km 6 days One rider.

G

Grey Gentry

Davo has taken a the new Kawasaki 1400GTR from Byron Bay to Denham WA and return.
The 1400GTR is Truely a Transcontinental SuperTourer
----http://p220.ezboard.com/fgtr1000frm12---

I have just confirmed with Peter "the bear" Thoeming that I am finally able to tell you all what we have just achieved.

I will write more later when I get home (at work now)

In the first week of April (yes it's been hard to keep quiet on this) Peter emailed me and asked if something could be done. He asked if I could and would ride a 1400GTR from Byron Bay to Denham WA and back. This being the most easterly point and the most westerly point (by regular vehicle) of Australia. Kawasaki marketing have been calling the 1400GTR a Transcontinental SuperSport worldwide in their adverts so why not just do it and prove it really is.

I said yes (duh) and he approached Kawasaki Australia, Bruce Peters National Sales and Marketing Manager. They were very keen, so planning started.

As I said, much more later both in Kawasaki marketing and Australian Road Rider magazine. But for now.

1am Friday the 24th August 2007 I left Byron Bay NSW.
9.30pm Sunday 26th August 2007 I arrived at Denham WA.
10.17pm Wednesday 29th August 2007 I arrived back at Byron Bay.

Distance completed:

Total distance - 10,274 klms ( GPS ) 10,367 klms ( odo )
Total time - 5 days 21 hrs 17 mins

------
One hell of a ride.

P

Punisher

wow thats a few klicks in a few days, did ya have time to take some happy snaps for us?

G

Grey Gentry

Wasn't me. Pics....don't think too many, averaging 1700km/day pics would be the last thing on his mind.

aussiedav

FarRiders
I took about 500, thanks Ron for putting this here. Story is in next issue of ARR and there is another on me in next AMCN.

Its been a good couple of years for me.

ps the IBR comment, thats the goal I am working on for 2009.

Top Bottom