They call it "Sports-Touring"

art_tas

Getting the hang of it
Marty H said:
http://www.roadmc.com

has some great Videos which have a dubious lines

Marty

If you mean dubiuos "road lines" Yes, I agree Marty. I have "ridden" a few of the passes we will cover next year via these so from that point of view it is an eye opener to just how dumb some people can be in that terrain. The camera lens compresses sight lines angles but even allowing for that they are meant to give the impression of critical collision avoidance/sensationalism. The wet tunnel tank slide/recovery was interesting in one of the shots (french alps??) ...again gives clues of what to expect and just where we need to be "on guard" - expect the unexpected! Imagine arriving in the middle of one of those semi dark tunnels to find a 749/XX/R1 spread across the wall/road with rider limping around grabbing his tool bag - does not bear thought?! This site link seems to be more up to date that the last time I looked so I will go back and revisit just to prpoe they are trying to shock/impress.

Thanks

J

Jaqhama

Bugger the videos, check out the anti speed camera
products.

Very cool, I'm emailing them to check they have Aussie bike plate sizes in stock for the photo-stopper.

I'll keep you guys informed, to make sure it works when I get one I'll take some flash photos with varying strength camera flashes.

I think I'll avoid Norway when I do my next Euro Tour.
It's not just speed stuff, Norweigians are very much thought controlled.
I met a girl from Norway who told me if you walk against a red no walk sign, even though there is no traffic on the road, people will be aghast and some may even shout out that you are breaking the law.
Everyone else will stand there, with no cars in either direction, like good little robots.
She said anything you do differently to other Nords will be taken as either illegal or weird.
They have no sense of humour either apparently, they don't understand sarcasm or cynical observations, what you say they will take quite literally.
Not a place I would feel comfortable in at all.

moike

Old Fahrt
Jaqhama said:
They have no sense of humour either apparently, they don't understand sarcasm or cynical observations, what you say they will take quite literally.
Not a place I would feel comfortable in at all.
Sounds like the internet.

Top Bottom