Lobethal Lunch run

nev

Super Térrarist
FarRiders were meeting at the Lobethal Bierhaus for lunch on Saturday. Sounds like a good excuse for a ride. Friday night I was in bed at 8pm and the alarm set for 2:30am.
11pm I'm still awake and haven't slept a wink and I feel wide awake so I hit the shower, pack the swag on the back of the bike and hit the road at 11:30. Simple run around the Ring Road and onto the Western Hwy. By Ballarat it's almost 1am and the traffic on the road has thinned out. The Freeway extension to Beaufort is complete. My first stop is there to take a pic of the old garage.

IMG_4030.JPG

Around 2:30am I'm near Dadswell Bridge. I stop in a rest area and roll out the swag again because I need to try to sleep at least a few hours. I nod off a couple of times, but I check the time often. Its a clear night and I didn't erect the swag completely so i have a great view of the stars in the dark country sky. Just before 5am I hear a motorbike go past. Mick and Lynne from FarRiders were due to leave the SE subs of Melbourne at about 1:30 so I guess that's probably them. I pack the bike and head 20km into Horsham. Sure enough they're at the petrol station having a coffee when I stop for fuel. A quick chat and they head off again a few mins before me. We both plan our next fuel stop in Tailem Bend so I'll probably see them there.

Blink when you ride through Yumali and you'll miss it.

IMG_4033.JPG

It's a glorious clear sunny day and the temp is almost hitting 20 when I get to Tailem Bend. I stop for a photo.

IMG_4035.JPG

Fuel up in town and sure enough Mick and Lynne again, plus a few other FarRiders from around the traps at this petrol station filling up on coffee and sausage rolls.

just before 10:30 I roll up at the Lobethal Bierhaus and there are already a few bikes ahead of me. Great venue. The food looks good and they brew a few of their own beers as well.

IMG_20160514_115737.jpg

IMG_20160514_110038.jpg

In all about 60 bikes with riders and a few pillions arrive and do a good job of filling the venue.

PANO_20160514_120649.jpg

At about 12:30 I hit the road again, back to the M8 headed for Melbourne.
The temps are in the 20s and I'm dressed for winter so I stop and shed some layers and buy a cold drink in Coonandook.

IMG_4036.JPG

Next stop is a rest area past Tintinara. I'm feeling a bit weary so I stop for a power nap. It's amazing what a difference only a few minutes of shut eye makes. About 15 minutes later I'm back on the bike and feeling much fresher.

A splash of fuel in Bordertown and continue into Victoria.
The Little Desert hotel could be renamed the Little Deserted Hotel by the look of it.

IMG_4037.JPG

I always seem to be in Horsham at meal times and today is no exception. I head straight for the takeaway noodle shop who get my business every time i'm in town.

In Great Western another stop to photo a Bill's Trough.

IMG_4040.JPG

One more stop in Beaufort for fuel and then it's a beeline for home, arriving at 21:30, around 1,500km for the day.

twowheeler

two wheels are best
I stop in a rest area and roll out the swag again because I need to try to sleep at least a few hours........ Its a clear night and I didn't erect the swag completely so i have a great view of the stars in the dark country sky.

Excellent :thumbs:

dougman1

Part of the furniture
Top effort Nev, :thumbs: you clearly don't drink enough beer and have a super comfortable sofa at home....but my hats off to ya! :lao

jo

I'm a wimp!
Top effort Nev, :thumbs: you clearly don't drink enough beer and have a super comfortable sofa at home....but my hats off to ya! :lao

Haha... Nev normally the one who says "if you can't sleep it's because you didn't drink enough beer"... Plus the comfy sofa is mine. 😄

Top Bottom