AusTouring.com  

Go Back   AusTouring.com > General Viewing > Out and About
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2018, 08:44 PM   #1
nev
Super Térrarist

Default Dalby Qld.

The Super Tenere is booked in for it's 70000km service in a few days time but it only has 66000km on the clock, so an interstate ride is in order.

Alarm was set for Friday morning, 2:30am. I completely forgot to stop and take any photos at all for the whole day, so the report will be purely statistical. 3am I was refuelling at the local BP servo and hitting the road heading north. 05:40am I refuelled in Barnawartha Vic, 08:25 another tankful in Yass NSW. A quick stop in Boorowa to slip out of the thermals as the day was heating up then a few minutes past midday another tankful of fuel in Dubbo NSW, a cold drink and a top up of fuel in Gilgandra NSW, another tankful in Moree NSW just before 4pm and just after 7pm another tankful in Dalby QLD, and then across the street to check into a motel. I stuffed the room key in my pocket and without opening the door jumped back on the bike headed east, through Toowoomba to the western suburbs of Brisbane, another tankful of fuel at 21:30 and then headed back to Dalby, arriving at McDonalds about 20 minutes before midnight. By about 12:30 there were more than a dozen motorcycles parked in the car park. I guess a lot of other people must have booked their bikes in for a service this week and needed to get out for a ride.
nev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:30 PM   #2
robbieb
The 2 Headed Tassie Pyro

Default Re: Dalby Qld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nev View Post
The Super Tenere is booked in for it's 70000km service in a few days time but it only has 66000km on the clock, so an interstate ride is in order.

Alarm was set for Friday morning, 2:30am. I completely forgot to stop and take any photos at all for the whole day, so the report will be purely statistical. 3am I was refuelling at the local BP servo and hitting the road heading north. 05:40am I refuelled in Barnawartha Vic, 08:25 another tankful in Yass NSW. A quick stop in Boorowa to slip out of the thermals as the day was heating up then a few minutes past midday another tankful of fuel in Dubbo NSW, a cold drink and a top up of fuel in Gilgandra NSW, another tankful in Moree NSW just before 4pm and just after 7pm another tankful in Dalby QLD, and then across the street to check into a motel. I stuffed the room key in my pocket and without opening the door jumped back on the bike headed east, through Toowoomba to the western suburbs of Brisbane, another tankful of fuel at 21:30 and then headed back to Dalby, arriving at McDonalds about 20 minutes before midnight. By about 12:30 there were more than a dozen motorcycles parked in the car park. I guess a lot of other people must have booked their bikes in for a service this week and needed to get out for a ride.
Or the word got around that a Victorian was in their restaurant so they thought they'd better get in before it burns down
robbieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:20 AM   #3
glitch
Mapping the next ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieb View Post
Or the word got around that a Victorian was in their restaurant so they thought they'd better get in before it burns down
Old 10-04-2018, 07:07 AM   #4
Williamson
Pit Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieb View Post
I can do better than

Williamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:14 AM   #5
Williamson
Pit Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by nev View Post
.... 3am I was refuelling ..... 05:40am I refuelled ...... 08:25 another tankful in ...... a few minutes past midday another tankful of fuel ..... another tankful just before 4pm and just after 7pm another tankful .... another tankful of fuel at 21:30 .....
Crikey Nev, that's a lot of fuelling up ~ every 3 to 4 hours, what around 400km? Small tank, high fuel consumption? What's the go?
Williamson is offline   Reply With Quote