2 up 4 lunch...

FUTURE.

Tour Pro
A very rare event today. Wendy and I are able to go for a ride together. Weather was perfect. Sun blazing away through the near winter temps. So where should we go? South. Through the Royal National Park (RNP) and have lunch at the Scarborough Pub.

I have written about the RNP before so wont say too much besides the fact that I love this road. Again Wendy showed how great a pillion she is. Doesn’t matter what bike we have she just clicks with it. So I don’t even really notice her on the back. This run she had the camera out to take some ‘action’ photos.

Once we dropped down into the rainforest the road conditions went from patches of damp to full on moss. I mean bright green moss on the road. Thankful there is enough traffic to wear the moss away and it is mainly in the middle of the lane. I made sure I did not cross the line of moss once. Will not do to have wife go skidding down the road.

A quick stop at Stanwell Park to look at the bikes and the Parra gliders.

Your humble scribe.​

My most wonderful pillion.​

Wendy went off to find the ladies and on the way back knew exactly where I would be. Taking photos of the bikes. We watched the Para gliders as they gracefully floated by. Niether of us are game to have a go though. Soon it was time to move onto the pub for lunch. Wonderful meal was had by both of us. I had the beer battered fish and chips and Wendy had a huge bowl of soup.

RNP31May2008026x800.jpg

For some reason I don’t do the RNP both ways. So it was up onto the freeway then onto Heathcote Rd and back to the dullness that is suburbia.

There are not enough days like today where Wendy and I got to escape for a few hours on our own. I can’t wait for the next one.

Last edited:
A perfect ride report, lots of bike photos and decent food photos to go with them and just enough words to string the whole thing together.

FUTURE.

Tour Pro
Felt funny taking a photo of the food. Hope people didn't think that we were from some posh food magazine doing a review.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Hi mate...
Jeez...another good one!!!
Good shots, too...it's nice having someone on the back taking pics while moving about, eh?
Enjoy the fang AND have the pics at the end of the day :thumbs::thumbs:

PS:
Hope you don't mind that I quickly edited the post a little and put a line-separation between 2 of the pics (which appeared side-by-side, stretching the frame, scrolling needed to read the text)

Thanks for sharing!!!

moike

Old Fahrt
G'day Ross,

Nice Pics.

You seem to be short one sidecover.
RNP31May2008022x800.jpg

If yours is anything like the earlier models, the side covers are held together by a rubber band that stretches between them (across the top of the battery, but below the toolkit). Once it breaks, they drop of fairly quickly.

On my bike, they were held on by cable ties when I bought it, but a helpful mechanic restored the rubber band,doubling it up fore security. It turns out that two rubber bands stretched across the battery don't last any longer than one. My remaining side cover is once again secured with an unobtrusive cable tie.

If you're hunting for a replacement, and you come across a silver RH side cover with a blue R100RS decal, let me know......

FUTURE.

Tour Pro
I took the sidecovers off after the right one came off on the last ride. I do have both of them. Mono shock sidecovers are held on with a screw each and 2 clips inside that go over rubber grommets. I have heard that drilling holes and using cable ties works too to hold them on.

I might put some carbonfibre look alike sticker on the battery just to get rid of that white look at me look it has.

jo

I'm a wimp!
I love taking photo of my food! I reminds me of what I great day/ride I had :)

PS - Love the Royal National Park and Wollongong...nice!

Top Bottom