'Twas the day before the day before the night before

MooN

Tour Pro
great pics Kiwi. :clap:

it's always strange to me hearing the words "Christmas" and "summer" in the same phrase. :looney:

I SO relate to the "knowing when to turn around" thing. Unfortunately I still haven't learnt that trick yet :doh:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
great pics Kiwi. :clap:
it's always strange to me hearing the words "Christmas" and "summer" in the same phrase. :looney:

Summer, winter....in the end it often comes to the same thing though,
Too hot to ride is the same as too cold/ icy/ snowy to ride...you just don't ride.
As for Xmas in summer...once you get used to plastic "made-in-China" Xmas tress-out-of-a-cardboard box, hung with LED's and tinsel/baubles, it's sort of ok.
What's really missing is that "snuggle-time" stuff of gluhwines, crunchy white stuff underfoot, shaking the snow off when coming inside, changing the moon-boots for felt slippers, the smell of pine-sap and all those other "winter" things to go along with Xmas....cold beer and snags from the barbie just aren't the same.W-)

MooN

Tour Pro
Summer, winter....in the end it often comes to the same thing though,
Too hot to ride is the same as too cold/ icy/ snowy to ride...you just don't ride.
As for Xmas in summer...once you get used to plastic "made-in-China" Xmas tress-out-of-a-cardboard box, hung with LED's and tinsel/baubles, it's sort of ok.
What's really missing is that "snuggle-time" stuff of gluhwines, crunchy white stuff underfoot, shaking the snow off when coming inside, changing the moon-boots for felt slippers, the smell of pine-sap and all those other "winter" things to go along with Xmas....cold beer and snags from the barbie just aren't the same.W-)

I've struggled to deal with Frog Christmasses which have little in common with the trad english Christmasses of my childhood. the food particularly is something i miss, snails, seafood and oysters with champagne here, rather than roast turkey, spuds, sprouts, parsnips, etc in the uk as a child.

I've never had so many white christmasses as a kid in the uk though. Bloody frosty out at the moment here (-6c this morning) and snow forcast for monday. cold beer I can do, but Barbies, except the ones the kids got for christmas...:rolleyes: are a dim and distant forgotten relic of summer :(

Top Bottom