...and ringing the bell for a 9% super-heavyweight! :wot:

Invercargill Pitch Black Imperial

Product_PitchBlackImperial.png

http://invercargillbrewery.co.nz/brews/pitch-black-imperial-stout/

One of 3 Stouts they make (oyyy, Doug, yer listenin'??) :bs

nev

Super Térrarist
Good stuff Pete & Goodie.

Hey Bernard. What are your postiebike hire rates. Can you arrange South Island pickups and dropoffs ?

omi

Getting the hang of it
hi kids ! i enjoyed the 56o pics !! my soul is overflowing with all the moods and characters , with the light and radiation , simple life . you made me aware that this timeless beauty still is to find on our planet . treasure it !!! it is precious !
love omi !

Last edited by a moderator:

platypus121

Tour Pro
"Where's the pic? Where's the report?" were the cries on Pete's initial thread about this trip.
Be patient was my advice ... which I followed, confident that AusTouring would advise me when Pete made further posts.
Yesterday my patience ended and I thought: either P and G are off on another trip, or Pete's still recovering
from over-indulgence in NZ boutique beers, most likely the second.

Logging on to AT got me to this second thread, to find I am weeks behind in my reading. Taking it slowly and only
about half way through as yet, as it's absorbing reading and viewing that deserves more than a quick glance.

Great photographs, Pete, and it's just amazing that so many of them are not blurred, what with all the rocking and rolling
on the Golden Boys. We could have swapped them after the first day's check ride if you had said - silly man !!
Actually, they are my tyre of choice for the CT's and never had a bum one before - first for everything and you were the unlucky victim.
Lesson learnt - next time I'll fit tyres that cost more than $1.47 each.

It was a great pleasure to help Pete and Gudrun with this trip, and doing so has gone part-way towards balancing the books for all the help
they have given me on my Australian trips. (And there was the added bonus of getting to hug Gudrun at the airport - TWICE):cdle

Cheers

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Good stuff Pete & Goodie.

Good stuff it was!! And all impossible without the fantastic help of certain AusTourers! :clap::thumbs:

I've an intensive NZ-Virus :sick:

We know :bs

simple life . you made me aware that this timeless beauty still is to find on our planet . treasure it !!! it is precious !!

It bloody well is!!
If we'd only take the time to slow down and SEE IT!! W-)

"Where's the pic? Where's the report?" were the cries on Pete's initial thread about this trip.
Be patient was my advice ... which I followed, confident that AusTouring would advise me when Pete made further posts.
Yesterday my patience ended and I thought: either P and G are off on another trip, or Pete's still recovering
from over-indulgence in NZ boutique beers, most likely the second.

Logging on to AT got me to this second thread, to find I am weeks behind in my reading. Taking it slowly and only
about half way through as yet, as it's absorbing reading and viewing that deserves more than a quick glance.

Great photographs, Pete, and it's just amazing that so many of them are not blurred, what with all the rocking and rolling
on the Golden Boys. We could have swapped them after the first day's check ride if you had said - silly man !!
Actually, they are my tyre of choice for the CT's and never had a bum one before - first for everything and you were the unlucky victim.
Lesson learnt - next time I'll fit tyres that cost more than $1.47 each.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Mate....the GoldenBoys were just fine! They just belong to a trip like that and are the"salt in the soup".
They also were a great "ball-of-yarn" to stitch the story together and try to make it somewhat coherent... rather than a bag-o'-bits.:D:so

For even more fun, I'd go a $1.32 hoop next time :killingme

Sorry about not sending an email/ pm to let you know that the story had started under a separate header....it's one of the legacies of having most of the forum "members only", but ride-reports being "public".
Hey....you caught up and read the whole thing in one hit rather than waiting around for the dribs+drabs :wink:

Thanks again, mate...traveling on Posties is something truly special as it brings one back to the very simple and rudimentary core of what riding a bike REALLY is all about. What it means....and what it does to you :lao

goodie

It was a great pleasure to help Pete and Gudrun with this trip, and doing so has gone part-way towards balancing the books for all the help
they have given me on my Australian trips. (And there was the added bonus of getting to hug Gudrun at the airport - TWICE):cdle

Cheers

I loved it, loved it, loved it! All of it! :party: Thank you for making this trip possible, Bernard! But you not only made it possible - you and Sue made it very special for us. Thank you both for all the effort and your great hospitality.

motorradrudi

Tour Pro
Hi Pete,

now I've had the time to look at the full report!
Amazing trip!
smilietop.GIF

Brilliant pics! :glu
some unexpected perspectives!
smilietop.GIF

Thank you very much for sharing them with us!:clap:

I've enjoyed it very much!
neu34.gif

Greets from good old Germany
Rudi
SmilieMoped1.gif

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Hi Pete,

now I've had the time to look at the full report!
Amazing trip!

I've enjoyed it very much!

Wouldn't do for an old NZ-fan like yourself to miss this one :chug:
Good to see you had some fun checking out those pics.

Just saw that winter's finally arrived in Sonthofen....what a dump of snow you've had over the last few days :eek:

motorradrudi

Tour Pro
Wouldn't do for an old NZ-fan like yourself to miss this one :eek:

Of course!

...what a dump of snow you've had over the last few days :eek:

That's true!
The day before Christmas it was still autumn!
Just a little bit snow in the mountains and nothing in the valley!
On the late evening at 25. December it began to snow - and then a lot!!!
In these few days we've get 60 cm (measured in front of our frontdoor) !!!!

Here's a pic we made yesterday.
Some guys have "written" a VERY big "2015" in the snow above Burgberg.

attachment.php

Best greetings from wintertown Sonthofen!
Rudi

Top Bottom