Lunches + Flats...Longwood Sat. 9/4

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I doubt those gas canisters still work after 20 years anyway.

You might be surprised.
Try one on the wheelbarrow...but stand back a bit.

Had a few old ones of those laying around the garage forever...then took them last minute for the Posties-to-Cape-York trip some years back.
Blew the tyre right off the rim, I nearly pooped meself.:killingme

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Not much from this corner....

About halfway between the Goulburn River and Caveat

Longwood_April_01.JPG

Longwood_April_02.JPG

It sure is pretty country! :drool:

Longwood_April_03.JPG

Near Ruffy

Tim SF with Ant following

Longwood_April_04.JPG

A crashing, clonking and howling Yammie at 150 knots...

Longwood_April_05.JPG

Picking her lines wisely...

Longwood_April_06.JPG

The new AT on its maiden voyage leading the Strom

Longwood_April_07.JPG

"Now, whadda we gonna use for an axle-tool?"

I know, I know!!! :chug: BEER!!

Longwood_April_08.JPG

A BIG THANKS to Big Rob for TEC'ing through the dust clouds of the afternoon :thumbs:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Thought that was what you did,....
Time to get a new front tyre before I end up on my arse.

Sounds like a good idea...maybe jump onto that tyre-thread for some other opinions, we've all got our own preferences/ opinions.

Nearly got stuck with a car on that Captains Creek some years ago....then took the bikes through one summer, west to east and mainly downhill.
It's irked me ever since to do it the other way around but it's too close to home to go to Kinglake just for that... and on the longer rides it's usually too late in the day, short on juice, wrong direction etc. Lots of yellow and white clay, fairly little rain makes it impossible to get through.

:bs:clap:

....I am definitely going to have to get up there and explore some more, its great ADV territory.

Oh, is it ever!
Great photo country, too...and creeks and waterholes....and stumper views from Mt. Wombat FireTower....and vineyards and wildlife and plane wrecks and and and...about 5 mins after we split we nearly nailed over one of the fattest echidnas I've ever seen...right in the middle of the track after a blind lefthander.
There are also a few "crucial" roads that are NOT on Gmaps but tie the whole thing together really neatly.
And one of those days we'll go after some real "spurs"...there are some bewdies around :glu

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture

After Yea the dusties hit the dirt tracks while us roadies went to Yarck, turned left and up to Gobur then Ruffy.
(If the dirt riders are 'dusties' then what does that make us bitumen riders?)

Bitches? as in bitumen?

I can hear it now at a coffee stop "which one of you bitches ordered the skim latte?" :killingme

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
Hi John, I posed your question to Dixie this morning, and before I had finished the sentance she said "Bitches" and laughed!! so I guess its unofficially official ;) !

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
Just to be a pendant, I think the correct spelling has always been "BITCHIES" then again.....:bs
Now you're just being Bitchie :killingme

I'd actually not heard the term Bitchie before - other than one female describing anothers behaviour :bs Dusty and Bitchie are great terms!:D
I,m glad to be both :D or is that one of each?
It is certainly more socially acceptable to be a Dusty-Bitchie after a ride than a dirty bit-h! :shock: (unless Hugh Grant or Colin Firth says it :wink:) I only know this because Dixie MAKES me watch Bridget Jones Diary everytime it is on tv :oops::(

:chug:

Top Bottom