USA / CAN / USA Road Report

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Pics 3+4 not showing up, wrong link?

They seem to have disappeared, they'll be on primary or secondary backup, and recovered (if I remember when we return).

In the meantime ........

Portland for two nights, a bit of a blur due to too many Craft Brewery and market visits (probably not much to do with the markets). Suffice to say, don't let the Dougman loose in Portland, we'll probably never see him again.

Portland to Vancouver also a blur, this was due to Helen driving flat stick to see daughter, Elizabeth and son-in-law, Vaughn (probably not much to do with Vaughn).

Anyway views from their 16th floor unit.

Not sure what this is about.

Next day, Grouse Mountain, a 15 minute drive and 10 minute gondala ride from the unit. They are keen skiers, not wonder they love Vancouver.

A family shot.

More to come .....

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Portland .... a bit of a blur due to too many Craft Brewery and market visits (probably not much to do with the markets). Suffice to say, don't let the Dougman loose in Portland, we'll probably never see him again.

:killingme:killingme

Next day, Grouse Mountain, a 15 minute drive and 10 minute gondala ride from the unit. They are keen skiers, not wonder they love Vancouver.

Our daughter used to work up there...and ski, in between shifts.
Awesome spot!

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
I learnt to snowboard on Cypress Mountain. The whole North Shore is an adventure playground whatever the season

Williamson

Part of the furniture
I learnt to snowboard on Cypress Mountain. The whole North Shore is an adventure playground whatever the season

Hi-jack, speaking of learning ........

A foursome of men waited at the men's tee while a foursome of women was hitting in front of them -- taking their time.

When the final lady was ready to hit her ball, she hacked it 10 feet. Then she went over and missed it completely.

Then she hacked it another ten feet and finally hacked it another five feet.

She looked up at the patiently waiting men and said apologetically, "I guess all those f%#king lessons I took over the winter didn't help."

One of the men immediately responded, "Well, there you have it. You should have taken golf lessons instead!

Back to normal viewing..,..

Williamson

Part of the furniture
I bit more than I could chew - too hard to update Road Report when on-the-road. But some days are too good not to post, so I'll be posting a few updates in an ad hoc fashion.

The following are pics of some views in the Death Valley from last Sunday 7 May. Zabriskie Point (some you may recall the cult movie of ~1970):

18358998_10155192956132278_6519578420226671595_o.jpg

18359258_10155192959757278_8687766174480726515_o.jpg

18401986_10155192959907278_5907027678717479316_o.jpg

dougman1

Part of the furniture
Looks awful Michael, all that snow and cold weather. Come home immediately!!

Besides that, my rates rebates need to be actioned... :bt

ozav8r

Tour Pro
Ahh Zabriskie Point - the soundtrack was GREAT - Pink Floyd and The Doors!
Did you guys go up to Dante's View, where you on a clear day can see the Highest AND the lowest point in the 48 contiguous states? Devil's Golf Course, Artists Drive, Titus Canyon, Scotty's Castle, Ubehebe crater - I'm getting all teary-eyed just thinking about it!!! Death Valley is probably my absolute favourite place anywhere I've been in my travels. For 7 years of going to LA twice a month on average, I took every opportunity to shuffle up there, except in the heat of the summer - the aircooled BMW just couldn't handle the heat (neither could I:rolleyes:)

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Ahh Zabriskie Point - the soundtrack was GREAT - Pink Floyd and The Doors!
Did you guys go up to Dante's View, where you on a clear day can see the Highest AND the lowest point in the 48 contiguous states? Devil's Golf Course, Artists Drive, Titus Canyon, Scotty's Castle, Ubehebe crater - I'm getting all teary-eyed just thinking about it!!! Death Valley is probably my absolute favourite place anywhere I've been in my travels. For 7 years of going to LA twice a month on average, I took every opportunity to shuffle up there, except in the heat of the summer - the aircooled BMW just couldn't handle the heat (neither could I:rolleyes:)

Didn't see any of those places. Death Valley was an afterthought, on the route we chose to travel between Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe. If I had realised there was much to see, I would have stayed a couple of nights at Stovepipe Wells and spent a couple of days sight seeing - que cera cera.

Stovepipe Wells:

Top Bottom